Reversing Cameras

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

sgtbob

Car
1999 T C230K
Have an In Car 7" DVD Screen (the retractable type - single din) in my 1999 W202. At the time of buying it there was an option of ordering a reversing camera with it but i chose not to. I would now like to purchase one, but have a few queries that i thought might be able to be answered by the knowlegeable peope on here!

Firstly fixing it to the car. Has anyone done this? There isnt that much room on the boot lip thing to fix a camera so not sure how this would be done.

Secondly, routing the cable back to the dvd screen in the front, how would this be done? And i assume that a cable would have to be linked to the reversing power line, so when reverse is selected the camera comes live etc.

And lastly, for those who have one already installed or know about them, how good are they really? Are they usefull ( as an alternative to parking sensors etc) or are they just a waste of money, (after the installation etc) and looking unsightly on the back of the car?

Thanks for your help.

Rob

Hi Rob,
I have had reversing cameras for years and I much rather have the camera than the reversing sensors because you can see all angles and it is 10 times more use than sensors.

The one I have and it is one of the best is Alpine HCE-200R which gives you an option to add a front camera too if needed. Rather expensive but look on the net and you can find some with very good price tags.

I can't help you with the wiring as every car is different. you need to find the route to your head unit fro your car. Connection is simple and yes you do need a wire connected to the positive of your reverse light so it activates the camera when put in reverse.

As for looks, it is tiny, looks the business and is very very trick. IMHO of course.

hope this helps

Andy

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom