reversing light stays on if car is alarmed.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bigbearslim

Car
c180 coupe
Please could somebody help. I'm miserable enough with the persistant rain in Cornwall at present however this morning I awoke to find my w203 c180k coupe third brake light permanantly on and was unable to open the boot. I drove the kids to school whereby I locked the car and returned to find out the boot would open and the third light had gone off but the reversing light was now permenantly on, apparently the alarm had gone off in my absence also. Please could somebody reassure me I havn't got a ghost in the car and point me in the right direction.

Found the problem, water had got into the rear fuse box (above the rear wheel arch). I'm not sure how the water got into it but I believe it could have been a perished rubber seal on the boot. I disconnected the battery, took the whole fuse box unit out, attacked it with a hair dryey and left it to dry. Put it all back and Bobs your uncle. Chuffed as pants that I have not shelled out silly money at the dealership.

So the persistant rain really was the cause of your misery!

Sunny down here at the moment though! I had to use the hairdryer fix on my phone this week as a drinks bottle leaked in my bag and the phoned was doing weird things when pressing buttons! Nice when it's an easy fix! :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom