Reversing light wire colour ??

KennyN

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
Me - BMW 440i Coupe / Dog -Cayenne
CLS facelifted W219 , 2010 model.

I am needing to tap into the rear right light cluster connection to power my reversing camera and before i go mental with my MM sticking it into all-sorts of places does anyone know what colour is the wire is that feeds the reversing lamp , it has the factory LED light clusters if that makes any difference.

Thanks in advance

Kenny

golf2

Car
W211 E320 CDI
CLS facelifted W219 , 2010 model.

I am needing to tap into the rear right light cluster connection to power my reversing camera and before i go mental with my MM sticking it into all-sorts of places does anyone know what colour is the wire is that feeds the reversing lamp , it has the factory LED light clusters if that makes any difference.

Thanks in advance

Kenny

This probably wont help much as mine is a W211 E-Class but it was the solid yellow on mine.

I would recommend checking with a multi meter anyway as I was told it was all sorts of colours which were all incorrect! I just checked all the wires at the main connector block on the back of the light cluster. As I didn't have anyone with me to check the voltage whilst I put the car in reverse, I used my phone to video the multi meter display and played it back afterwards!

Last edited:

HughJarse

MB Enthusiast
Car
c250
Mine was yellow too.
Can I recommend you use a relay too for a clean feed. Depending on what camera you're using you may get some interference if you don't.

OP
OP
KennyN

KennyN

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
Can I recommend you use a relay too for a clean feed. Depending on what camera you're using you may get some interference if you don't.

Which is exactly what has happened , clear screen with the car off (obviously) but lines with the car running .

Off to Halfords now for a relay :doh:

Kenny

OP
OP
KennyN

KennyN

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
Relay now fitted , image quality is as good as the factory fitted one in the wifes Juke.

All cables now tidied and just have to decide the best way to mount the camera , it will either get screwed onto the bootlid or bonded onto the back of the registration plate which will save drilling two extra holes.

Kenny

Thomo1664

Car
CLS w219 facelift
Hi Kenny

Appreciate it was a long time ago but what relay did you purchase as i am currebtly having exactly the same problems as above

Any information would be greatly appreciated

clk320x

Hardcore MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
W212 & W211 & XFR
Relay now fitted , image quality is as good as the factory fitted one in the wifes Juke.

All cables now tidied and just have to decide the best way to mount the camera , it will either get screwed onto the bootlid or bonded onto the back of the registration plate which will save drilling two extra holes.

Kenny

Hi Kenny

Appreciate it was a long time ago but what relay did you purchase as i am currebtly having exactly the same problems as above

Any information would be greatly appreciated

I have quoted Kennys post so he gets a notification :thumb:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom