Reversing light wire colour ??

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

KennyN

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
Me - BMW 440i Coupe / Dog -Cayenne
CLS facelifted W219 , 2010 model.

I am needing to tap into the rear right light cluster connection to power my reversing camera and before i go mental with my MM sticking it into all-sorts of places does anyone know what colour is the wire is that feeds the reversing lamp , it has the factory LED light clusters if that makes any difference.

Thanks in advance

Kenny

CLS facelifted W219 , 2010 model.

I am needing to tap into the rear right light cluster connection to power my reversing camera and before i go mental with my MM sticking it into all-sorts of places does anyone know what colour is the wire is that feeds the reversing lamp , it has the factory LED light clusters if that makes any difference.

Thanks in advance

Kenny

This probably wont help much as mine is a W211 E-Class but it was the solid yellow on mine.

I would recommend checking with a multi meter anyway as I was told it was all sorts of colours which were all incorrect! I just checked all the wires at the main connector block on the back of the light cluster. As I didn't have anyone with me to check the voltage whilst I put the car in reverse, I used my phone to video the multi meter display and played it back afterwards!

Last edited:
Mine was yellow too.
Can I recommend you use a relay too for a clean feed. Depending on what camera you're using you may get some interference if you don't.

Can I recommend you use a relay too for a clean feed. Depending on what camera you're using you may get some interference if you don't.

Which is exactly what has happened , clear screen with the car off (obviously) but lines with the car running .

Off to Halfords now for a relay :doh:

Kenny

Relay now fitted , image quality is as good as the factory fitted one in the wifes Juke.

All cables now tidied and just have to decide the best way to mount the camera , it will either get screwed onto the bootlid or bonded onto the back of the registration plate which will save drilling two extra holes.

Kenny

Hi Kenny

Appreciate it was a long time ago but what relay did you purchase as i am currebtly having exactly the same problems as above

Any information would be greatly appreciated

Edit

Relay now fitted , image quality is as good as the factory fitted one in the wifes Juke.

All cables now tidied and just have to decide the best way to mount the camera , it will either get screwed onto the bootlid or bonded onto the back of the registration plate which will save drilling two extra holes.

Kenny

Hi Kenny

Appreciate it was a long time ago but what relay did you purchase as i am currebtly having exactly the same problems as above

Any information would be greatly appreciated

I have quoted Kennys post so he gets a notification :thumb:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom