Reversing lights

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

integrale

I have a 210 300 td auto, its been fitted with retro reversing sensors about 5 years ago and no problems.I keep getting lamp failure warnings the reversing light/sensor works intermitantly and now nothing, no reverse light is coming on at all .:crazy:
Have checked all other bulbs the correct wattages e.t.c
Is it posssibly the sensor at the gear box end ?
would be grateful for any input
many Thanks

:bannana:

Hi & welcome.

The reversing lights probably would be activated either from the selector unit or a switch on the gearbox (with other cars I've had it's been the latter, but for an automatic MB I suspect the former). Someone has tapped into that connection or wire when fitting the reversing sensors ... could simply be a bad joint or a connector that's come apart somewhere. That's what I'd be looking for first ... I'm sure someone who actually knows where the switch is will be along shortly! :)

Aftermarket reverse sensors normally are connected to the reverse lights live feed plus nearby earth.This can be done with a jocklock so check this first it should be easily found near the rear lights,a solder joint is a much better bet.Is a very simple system and normally gives no trouble.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom