Reversing roadrage

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I think a lot of people still do "mirror, signal, manoeuvre" - they just don't realise that this doesn't give them the right to make the manoeuvre ignoring all the other road users.

Is there something wrong with you? I'm fairly sure Ciaran is capable of reading my replies without boiling in rage...

If you don't like my posts, just hit the ignore button. Am I to expect another shit filled abusive 2000 word personal message coming my way? :dk:
Erm...I think he was replying to my post...above yours.

Very many years ago I was towing a caravan down hill along a narrow winding road when I came face to face with a car coming up the hill. The car stopped just a couple of yards past a good sized passing space that I pointed to but to no avail. The lady driver just sat there. I got out and asked her if she would kindly reverse into that space because there were no passing spaces behind me for some distance, and of course it was harder to reverse the outfit. She said she didn’t feel able to reverse down hill, so I offered to do it for her. She refused to let me, so I had no option other than to reverse several hundred back up the hill round a couple of bends to find a space. Fortunately no other vehicles came along whilst I was blindly negotiating the bends. The lady drove by without a hint of acknowledgement!

The day I tow a caravan you'll hear the ice crackling in Hell, but that apart, If I had been you we'd still be sitting there if she didn't reverse...

I find just leaning back, folding my arms and giving the other driver a gratis fisheye works quite well, but unless the other driver is quite plainly being unreasonable I'll usually reverse myself anyway.

Most people round here will reverse when confronted with another car. But there's only 30 houses on our road and it's not a rat run so only residents use it. The dairy tanker always wins...as do the herd of cattle/sheep!!!

This is more of a problem then we think. Being a cabi its a daily occurrence in london. Giving one courtesy out of ease is a thing of the past. It seems ones ego is too proud to reverse back a few yards in order to give way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom