Revised 211

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
channel4 said:
On the safety front, the E-Class gains flashing brake lights to prevent rear-end collisions during a panic stop.
Why brake lights instead of hazards?
Peugeots automatically activate the hazard warning light during an emergency stop.

the idea of flashing red lights makes your response brake first. the hazard warning lights can add confusion.

scumbag said:
the idea of flashing red lights makes your response brake first. the hazard warning lights can add confusion.

The flashing system is there to inform the intelligent lighting system (smart headlights) what is going on in front. It has nothing to do with the human response, it is a morse code to the car behind you and its own braking system.

The LED lights are not new at all ....

Tyre pressure loss warning is standard because the MONITOR was dumped.

yeah. mine has LED parking and brake lamps.

but what happens of your following one and your car doesn't have smart headlamps?

I've been following info on the facelift for a good while now as it affects us in work, the flashing brake lights are nothing to do with the intellegent lighting system, it is in fact to give a following driver an early warning as mentioned before, they used the brake lights as red registers quicker in your mind.

The led lights mentioned are led sidelights which are new not the taillights.

MB have just issued a new web-site for the launch of the new E Class.

The first episode of the E-Class video podcast has gone online today: this week's fascinating sequence allows you to follow the evolution of the E-Class from 1953 right up to the present day. In the next three episodes, one of which will be released each Friday until June 23, you can learn more about the highlights of the new generation E-Class - and enjoy some previously unseen fun scenes from the web special.

http://www.e-class-experience.com/?lang=en&deeplink=page7.xml

I recently read that DC still have 300 pre-face lift cars to shift equivilent to £7.5 million stock and are trying to keep the Japanese press/media "quiet" as Japanese people tend to drop models if they they are to be superceded with a replacement ie. face lift.

Flash said:
I recently read that DC still have 300 pre-face lift cars to shift equivilent to £7.5 million stock and are trying to keep the Japanese press/media "quiet" as Japanese people tend to drop models if they they are to be superceded with a replacement ie. face lift.

The line we got from Mercedes was that if you order an E class now its a bit of a lottery as to which version you will get, ie post or pre facelift.

We have a facelift E280 CDI on order for delivery in the next few weeks as a development prototype, there has been a major change to the ESP system, according to Bosch the electronics are the W212 (due Sept 09) model setup which Mercedes appear to be using in this W211 facelift to iron out any bugs before the launch of the W212.

Incedently, DC are currently testing the W212 so they must be well underway with it.

GSBellew said:
The line we got from Mercedes was that if you order an E class now its a bit of a lottery as to which version you will get, ie post or pre facelift.

Specifiy that you want a face lift on the order form and all should be fine...;) The rubbish with "lottery" excuse for a pre face and face lift is an "excusse/tactic" to try and get rid of the pre face lift cars...:rolleyes:

DC have alot of RHDs W211s in stock that they need to shift and will only be able do so if they off load them considerably cheaper...

I think that the facelift is so mild (even though there are many more changes under the skin) that your average Joe won't really know the difference in 5 years time and residuals will only really suffer when the W212 comes along.

jeremytaylor said:
I think that the facelift is so mild (even though there are many more changes under the skin) that your average Joe won't really know the difference in 5 years time and residuals will only really suffer when the W212 comes along.
There is actually a substantial difference to the bonnet, its longer on the facelift, although I suppose its true to say not many people will notice.

Pre Facelift Limo

Post Facelift Limo

Last edited:
Any Excuse!!

jeremytaylor said:

True BUT the motor trade/dealer network will know.:eek: I can hear them now. First the sharp intake of breath thro the clenched teeth. Followed by " Oh its the PRE -facelift model is it------oh dear" etc etc. Any excuse to write down the value of your trade in!:rolleyes:

Yes the front of the wing is slightly blobbier.

Ugh @ 6-door tho!

GSBellew said:
There is actually a substantial difference to the bonnet, its longer on the facelift, although I suppose its true to say not many people will notice.

Pre Facelift Limo:

Post Facelift Limo:

:) Someone was only just complaining about having to scroll left to right when reading looking at a thread! ;)

John

Should be Ok on a wide screen monitor.;)

GsBellow. If they are the new wheels then forget it, they look awful. Also I won't be buying one of your cutNshut mobiles because the tint on the added glass is a different shade. Tell your boss!:D

Do u know I was going to say something about that. But once the window is in position it stays there for up/down scrolling, so it didn't bother me in the end.

But yes they are a bit too big.

And the wheels look too Photoshopped. The lighting is wrong.

wallingd said:
Yes the front of the wing is slightly blobbier.

Ugh @ 6-door tho!

If you see them day in day out 4 doors just look wrong, the W211 looks tiny and strange to be honest.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom