Revolving number plates...Bond gadget or well dodgy?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Very Bond.

Very, very dodgy.

I wouldnt want to be stopped with those on my car. You would most certainly end up with a ban, heavy fine and/or maybe even a short suspended spell at her majestys pleasure.

I wouldnt want to be stopped with those on my car. You would most certainly end up with a ban, heavy fine and/or maybe even a short suspended spell at her majestys pleasure.

Not disbelieving this, and agree these are a very bad idea, but was just wondering what the offence would be? I can see it being an endoreable offence (car not set up in accordance with RTA rules etc), so fine and points, but is it a bannable offence? I'm not sure how it would get to a custodial sentence?

Not disbelieving this, and agree these are a very bad idea, but was just wondering what the offence would be?

Going equipped springs to mind.

Very bad idea, a customer of ours on a bike used to have something that when he went past a camera, he'd press a button and the plate would change from being vertical to horizontal. One day the police found this and banned him with heavy fine..... i'd have thought it was intention to deceive or something like that, don't know penalty though..

Whatever next! There will be remote controls that turn speed cameras off as you go past them soon!

Last edited:
Now that the Police have anpr etc I believe that it would be quite easy for an officer to seize the car as evidence or even have it removed to be crushed!! And yes, a massive fine and a ban would probably follow.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom