Rewarding criminal behaviour.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

AMGeed

MB Club Veteran
SUPPORTER
Car
W210 E280 x2, w211 E55, W212 E63 biturbo, S204 C180K
You couldn't make this up really.

Young drug dealers offered free driving lessons

Once again, lunatics have decided to reward criminal behaviour whilst the remaining law abiding public have to open their wallets to pay for driving lessons and fitness classes. Utter madness IMO. It won't stop re offending.

At least the fitness trained drug dealing getaway drivers will have a full licence after their freebies.

Cue the hand wringing protesters replies:D

They'll be giving them free Tomtom smack-navs next :D

You couldn't make this up really.

Young drug dealers offered free driving lessons

Once again, lunatics have decided to reward criminal behaviour whilst the remaining law abiding public have to open their wallets to pay for driving lessons and fitness classes. Utter madness IMO. It won't stop re offending.

At least the fitness trained drug dealing getaway drivers will have a full licence after their freebies.

Cue the hand wringing protesters replies:D

LOL I’m sure there will be plenty along with the usual comments that they should be flogged to within an inch of death, have all their possessions confiscated and jailed for life;)

My pal was a dealer in the 90s, a spell behind bars and just generally growing up has meant that he hasn't returned to his old ways. He has a business, wife and has brought up a child to be a responsible adult.

The members of this forum are, in the vast majority, middle-aged, middle-class men who have no experience of alternative lifestyles apart from what they read in the media (Daily Mail for maximum outrage).

There have always been wrong 'uns and they generally grow out of it, it's difficult to see their side if you have no exposure.

Oh boy. This has the makings of a very long thread.

Jail = £20-30k / inmate pa. Bargain! Rinse repeat. Over and over and over....

Whilst I somewhat agree with DrF (#4), I do so only as far as ‘minor’ offences are concerned.

Drug dealing wouldn’t be on that list, it brings too much death & misery - not only to the user but their families too. That should get a long sentence. Life if repeated.

(I wonder what your pal would do to a dealer if he found one supplying his kid?)

And yes the Daily Fail is a hateful rag, full of lies, bile and hatred.

Spanner,

Have you ever met a drug dealer? (Illegal drugs I mean, not the Board of Imperial Tobacco or Diageo, the pub landlord or the person behind the fag counter at Tesco?)

I have met a few in my life time and never even knew that they were until afterwards

Spanner,

Have you ever met a drug dealer? (Illegal drugs I mean, not the Board of Imperial Tobacco or Diageo, the pub landlord or the person behind the fag counter at Tesco?)

Yes.

Actually a few times, but always told them exactly where to go.

Why, what difference does it make?

My pal was a dealer in the 90s, a spell behind bars and just generally growing up has meant that he hasn't returned to his old ways. He has a business, wife and has brought up a child to be a responsible adult.

The members of this forum are, in the vast majority, middle-aged, middle-class men who have no experience of alternative lifestyles apart from what they read in the media (Daily Mail for maximum outrage).

There have always been wrong 'uns and they generally grow out of it, it's difficult to see their side if you have no exposure.
Some of us do , and still have little sympathy for them .

Spanner,

I'll just add that I've had two in the family , at both ends of the scale : one a jobless teenager who smoked pot and passed some onto his mates ; and the other , rather higher up the chain who was on the top 10 most wanted list !

I take nothing to do with either of them and have no sympathy .

Some of us unknowingly (or perhaps knowingly) support many of the criminals we dislike so much!

The proceeds from knock off gear - handbags, sunnies, watches, shirts etc etc - all goes toward supporting large scale criminal industry.

Well, should prohibition of alcohol come to pass, the UK will be a dry state by the looks. I'd need a drink to wash down the piety.

How typical that the forum view is that drug dealers need much the same treatment as kids pulling wheelies.

Jail = £20-30k / inmate pa. Bargain! Rinse repeat. Over and over and over....

Far better to reward them with freebies?
It's money well spent in my book.
Divert some of that wasted foreign aid and keep banging them up.
If they want to change, they will.

I don't have the answer to this (and pretty much everything else) but what the fook are you supposed to say to your exceptionally well behaved 9 year old when she is left at school whilst the disruptive kids get a nice jolly to the bowling alley !

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom