RFC: Questor Car Insurance

Discussion in 'OT (OFF Topic) Forums' started by Spinal, Dec 29, 2008.

1. Spinal

Spinal Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    Smart, S320 and C180 with 3-pointed stars amongst others
    Quick request for comments; I'm popping by Italy to see a friends graduation, and am renting a car.

Now, given that driving in Italy is... well, Italian, I was looking at cutting the insurance excess.

Has anyone had any experiences with Questor? They advertise that for just over £40 a year they will cut any excess on a rental car.

My worries are two; are they legitimate, and will it affect my NCB/car insurance rating in the U.K.?

M.

2. flango

flango MB Club Veteran

Car:
    Mercedes SLK R171
    My Nephew used these while travelling in the states as he was under 30 so exceses were high.

http://www.worldwideinsure.com/car-hire-insurance.htm?partnerID=null&partner=null

Looks like Questor are doing the same thing will not affect your NCB rating in the UK as regards the legitamacy looks pretty legit although you cant contact them and speak to them which would worry me a little might be worth checking out the company registration number and FSA

3. OP
    OP
    Spinal

Spinal Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    Smart, S320 and C180 with 3-pointed stars amongst others
    I ended up having a chat with Questor using their online chat thing...

Looks good to me, I trust AXA "with my life", (i.e. my medical insurance is with them :p )

M.