RFC: Questor Car Insurance

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Spinal

MB Enthusiast
Car
x254, G350, Duster, S320, Mach1, 900ss and a few more
Quick request for comments; I'm popping by Italy to see a friends graduation, and am renting a car.

Now, given that driving in Italy is... well, Italian, I was looking at cutting the insurance excess.

Has anyone had any experiences with Questor? They advertise that for just over £40 a year they will cut any excess on a rental car.

My worries are two; are they legitimate, and will it affect my NCB/car insurance rating in the U.K.?

M.

My Nephew used these while travelling in the states as he was under 30 so exceses were high.

http://www.worldwideinsure.com/car-hire-insurance.htm?partnerID=null&partner=null

Looks like Questor are doing the same thing will not affect your NCB rating in the UK as regards the legitamacy looks pretty legit although you cant contact them and speak to them which would worry me a little might be worth checking out the company registration number and FSA

I ended up having a chat with Questor using their online chat thing...

Karen from Sales is here!
M. : Hello
Karen : Good evening
Karen : How can I help?
M. : I had a few quick questions regarding the car-rental excess insurance;
M. : mainly
M. : does it affect my insurance in the UK
Karen : OK
M. : i.e. if i the worst happens, does it affect my normal NCB?
M. : secondly, I'm renting a car in Rome from EasyCar. If something goes wrong, is there a number I can call? I looked through the site, but couldn't find any contact details for this
Karen : Our insurance just relates to hire vehicles - it should not affect your NCB but you should check with your insurance provider to be sure.
M. : ok
Karen : You can call AXA Assistance - its a 24 hour number
Karen : 0845 4589677
Karen : They will be able to help
M. : perfect
M. : one final question
M. : i noticed that it mentions a copy of the law enforcement report
M. : is this needed only if the police is involved, or is it always needed?
Karen : Only if the police are involved
M. : ok
M. : thank you very much, you have been most helpful
Karen : No problem at all
M. : Bye
Karen : Have a good evening
M. : you too

Looks good to me, I trust AXA "with my life", (i.e. my medical insurance is with them :p )

M.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom