RHD Corvette C8

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I have just watched Doug DeMuro on YouTube talk through the C8 and it's clear from the interior that it is built down to a price - it starts as low as $60K in the USA going up to around $85K But It looks as good as anything for the price. It has lots of quirky internal (and external) features some of which might start to rattle after a while but that can be drowned out by the sound on the N/A V8 :p

Last edited:
C8 is well executed and thought out. Love the interior center rail stack. Not keen on ugly misshapen steering wheel though

Hennessy have already bolted 2 turbochargers on to one - directly behind the passenger seats, imagine the sound ! - Seeking 1000 -1200bhp.

Bonkers.

C8 is well executed and thought out. Love the interior center rail stack. Not keen on ugly misshapen steering wheel though
Negative comments from US auto journalists as well . Not so much because of the shape but the position of the spokes and the thickness behind them not good for 'spirited driving ' or track use. Aftermarket will sort it if Chevrolet do not.

We might be heading for a time when the front pads wear 75% less than the rears !
That was (almost) the case on both my E63's and also my wife's SLK55 - rear pads wore out much quicker than the fronts.

I hear you, but this is normally done with an auxiliary caliper, but what you say makes sense. We might be heading for a time when the front pads wear 75% less than the rears !

I have never come across an "Auxiliary caliper" on any of my scar with Traction / Stability control. My understanding is that these systems use the ABS sensors and pump via control electronics to apply braking force (and reduce engine output) to a spinning wheel or, if a loss of lateral control is predicted by applying braking forces at opposite sides i.e offside front and nearside rear to regain stability.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom