RI29 questions for city

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bogatyri

Car
Still save the $$
Hello

I am considering r129 500. I have some questions if you can help.

1. What fuel economy can I have in city?
2. I drive car but my wife has not. Is steering ok for lady?
3. Is airbag ok on r129 car? They seem old now. Will it function? How to check?

Thanks for your help,

M.

1. No idea but at a guess about 18
2. Yes
3. Crash it and you'll find out :)

ETA: It's a Grand Tourer, not a city car. That said it performs faultlessly in city conditions.

Official urban consumption when new (1996 facelift model) was 12.9 mpg ... not a great city car ;)

Steering is quite light ... easy car to drive.

IIRC Mercedes say that airbags from 1992(?) onwards will last the life of the car, while earlier ones should be replaced after 15 years (big money).

steering adjustable

it has fuel compsution gauge it will consume alot more when acelarating

Official urban consumption when new (1996 facelift model) was 12.9 mpg ... not a great city car ;)

Steering is quite light ... easy car to drive.

IIRC Mercedes say that airbags from 1992(?) onwards will last the life of the car, while earlier ones should be replaced after 15 years (big money).

Oh well...only 50% out :eek:

10.9 mpg (urban) for the SL60!

I can vouch for the airbags in a 129, as I was passenger in the one below, and managed to limp out after hitting a tree, whilst coming from the opposite direction on the other side of the road. I still have a bad back four years later, though, and you can't argue with physics. I doubt I'd have fared as well in many other convertibles.

My own 96 SL has four airbags, one in each door, and two facing the front occupants. Power steering, as Bill says, is light, and these cars are beautiful to drive in any way that takes your fancy, and are fantastic touring cars, with surprisingly capacious boots.

There aren't many (any?) other 1980s designed convertibles that would let you walk away from a crash like this either ...

[YOUTUBE]2GXnav1GFzE[/YOUTUBE]

As a lady I can testify that steering is just fine :)) the turning circle is surprisingly small as well. As for fuel consumption in the city, if you're after economy, you might want to look for something else.

Not much I wouldn't have thought.

Bugger all in real life.

If your asking about MPG..i would suggest a 5L V8 is not for you...

steering adjustable

it has fuel compsution gauge it will consume alot more when acelarating

you can change assistance level?? :thumb:

As a lady I can testify that steering is just fine :)) the turning circle is surprisingly small as well. As for fuel consumption in the city, if you're after economy, you might want to look for something else.

ha ha ha so I can tell my wife I found another lady who drives the car. Maybe she will change her mind. But now she says she want something more feminine. I hope this will persuade her. Thank you. :thumb:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom