Ribbed Mats

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

EdwardCheckley

Car
Mercedes
Can anyone tell me if there is more than one producer of replacement ribbed Mercedes mats? I am after a set in mushroom for my '94 S500 Coupe (C140) and would like to get something which is as close to the originals as possible.

I bought a replacement set for my R129 from an online retailer who only stocks Merc mats (I am not sure if I am allowed to name them but they wont take long to find on google) and the rib is a different patter to the originals I have in a couple of other cars. Added to which the binding around the edge is a lighter colour and stands out.

I enclose a photo of originals in my W124 coupe and the replacement pattern lots of places seem to stock. You can clearly see the replacements have double as many ribs. If someone has managed to track down a copy of the originals I would love to hear where they came from!

cYV3jqlB.jpg
DhzWWDRq.jpg

Also looking for a set for my W210 so will be interested to see if there are companies still making these ribbed mats! :D

Last edited:
classicmercedesmats.co.uk supply ribbed mats to original specification

I have a brand new original set in my garage that I could sell you r.wakerATsky.com

I bought from this seller back in February and they were returned as they were very poor!

I was about to order from here and then saw your post. What was wrong with your set? Did they not fit properly or was the material poor quality?

I ordered a new set of mats from my MB dealer for my car shortly after buying it.
I didn't need them as the mats in the car were/are in A1 condition but I just wanted new ones.

Anyway, the dealer called me to say that my mats had arrived.
I went down there all happy and skippy.
They presented me with mats that were damn near grey, not jet black like the ones in my car :mad:

I asked them what the hell?!

They said that these were the mats listed against the part numbers for my mats.

Told them to keep 'em.

Seems that after a while, Mercedes has parts made on the cheap elsewhere that end up looking nothing like the original stuff.

If they had been identical to my original mats, I would have paid the extortionate price for them (around £215 if I recall).

Gave up after that.

Be interested to know if I can actually get identical mats that are jet black..

Mercedes change suppliers for mats regularly... SVS buy them from one of Mercedes ex suppliers.

Mercedes change suppliers for mats regularly... SVS buy them from one of Mercedes ex suppliers.

Hi Jay,

Yes, I had a look at SVS website but they only seemed to have a couple of sets for the CLK. Wrong colour and style.

Or can they order in what you need?

I was about to order from here and then saw your post. What was wrong with your set? Did they not fit properly or was the material poor quality?

When engaged onto the studs the drivers mat was jammed into the hinge of the accelerator pedal! I returned the mats but am still waiting for my postage refunding.

Hi Jay,

Yes, I had a look at SVS website but they only seemed to have a couple of sets for the CLK. Wrong colour and style.

Or can they order in what you need?

SVS order in batches from a german supplier. Can take a while - ours for the 124 took 3 weeks but were very good. You can order the colour you want. Give them a call. Very helpful

yes they can get what you want. Took a month to get some blue mats for a W123. One wouldnt expect them to stock all the models and colours.. too many different combinations.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom