Ricciardo was robbed!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mr slow

Car
C200 sport premium
Disgraceful performance in Danny R's last pit stop, team robbed him of victory. Gotta feel for the guy.:doh:

Definitely. I really like Danny Ric. Hated seeing him so down in the interview pen.

However, things happen and it looks as if Red Bull have made great progress considering Monaco isn't that power dependant. Be great to think MB, Ferarri & RB have a good battle for the rest of the year.

Ant.

Nigel Mansell. '92.

anyway, moving on, whats the next race?

external

I t was only a few seasons ago when Red Bull were lording it over everyone,now they have to rush down to Kwik Fit to get a set of tyres, next race Canada,lots of grunt needed for that race,if nothing else it has brought home to Mercedes that they can not mess around anymore,too many little things going wrong,I know they want Rosberg to win,but they had better get their act together.

It is still a team sport.
Contrast it with LH's loss of victory last year when the team miscalled a tyre stop. In that instance LH could have done something (ignored the call). No one at RB thought to tell DR to keep circulating and once the old tyres were off - he was stuffed. A shame for him but in a team sport, these things happen.

Everyone gets robbed by dodgy team calls and fumbled pit stops, it's all part of the game. I like Danni Ric and would have liked him to have got his first win, but, he got his first pole this weekend so that's a good start, can't be too greedy lol.

I assume you mean his first Monaco win Peter? He's won 3 races already.

First pole though. And the best one to have too.

Ant.

Danny Ric has won 3 Grand Prix. When he outshone Vettel at Red Bull in 2014.

Monaco just gone was indeed his first Pole.

Ant.

They win as a team, they lose as a team.

it's not as if Ricccciairriddoo designed and built the car he was driving...

Christian Horner has now said that the problem was the limited space in the pit garages at Monaco - and from the sound of it the late call for the particular tyre instead of the one they were expecting to fit. Wonder who made the call to change from Inter wets to extra softs instead of softs! Seems they had the softs ready, but the extra softs were in a somewhat inaccessible place. Odd they didn't get them closer to hand considering others (including Hamilton) had already gone for them!

From MSN.com:

Red Bull team chief Christian Horner has blamed the team’s calamitous pit-stop for Daniel Ricciardo in Sunday’s Monaco Grand Prix on the cramped conditions in the team’s pits garage.

He said the bungled stop – that Ricciardo claimed cost him victory in the race, won by world champion Lewis Hamilton -- was caused by a delay to find the desired tyres trapped at the back of the garage.

Speaking to reporters after the race, Horner said they were simply unable to be ready for the Australian before he arrived in the pits. He apologised on behalf of the team, to the driver, for the blunder.

"Here in Monaco, the pit wall is upstairs and the garage is downstairs," he said. "The tyres are on heat both in the garage and behind the garage – and, unfortunately, the set of tyres that were called for were not readily to hand.

They were at the back of the garage.

There was a scramble as the mechanics originally had the soft tyres ready – then, when a change to supersoft was requested, those tyres were actually right at the back of the garage.

They couldn't be got to the car in time, which cost probably about 10 seconds in the stop.

Despite that delay, they came out alongside each other.

That showed how quick Daniel's in-lap had been and how slow Lewis' out-lap had been.

So it was gutting for the whole team to lose a victory like that."

Last edited:
This sounds like my garage at home. Nothing is ever where I left it. Spanners and sockets can simply evaporate into thin air, only to turn up after I have gone out and bought a new one. Or blamed the wife, kids, dogs and the next door neighbour.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom