Ricky s and savman merc enthusiast feature e55 amg

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Starky said:
Which mag is it Paul. I can't see it on my phone.

Mercedes Enthusiast they also offer an electronic version for iPads and Kindle

Its a great write up and I am so pleased to be involved in these cars a little.

BlackC55 said:

Just read the article and agree its a great write-up. Well done Paul/Ricky and all those that have helped them piece theses cars together.

Well done Sav Man and Ricky. Its a great article and it's nice to have your cars in the magazine. I loved having mine in :)

Mine was in April's edition. If you contact Terry Oborne he might let you have some photos which were similiar but not identical to the ones in the published magazine;)

Last edited:
I think RYBCC and C43AMG have also been featured. Anyone else ? :)

My car has been featured

Huge thank you to Ricky for making this happen he put a lot of effort into getting it done.

My car was also running really rough in the weeks leading up to the test drive and I had a lot of help from many of the sponsors on here not in any particular order

Olly - PCS
Andy - PCD
Terry - WG M-B
Acid - MSL

All four of them put considerably effort and took numerous calls from me helping diagnose and finally fix the issues I was having much of this was during evenings and weekends which says a lot about them. To me this was far more important than the magazine coverage having those four who are all very busy with running there business's take time to help a forum member shows how lucky we all are to have them on here.

As for the article well it was a very lengthy process which started over a year ago, the journalist involved was already speaking with Ricky on potentially covering his car which I think but not a 100% was based on a recommendation from PCS.
The magazine at that stage were not committed so Ricky put forward the concept of having both his and mine covered and then the story line started to unfold with the magazine coming back with a plan on a Performance Special edition.
Matt Zollo the journalist was great and gave the cars a very "spirited" test drive and the 6 hour photo shoot was actually great fun with both Ricky and I showing our competitive streak.
The photographer did get a little anxious at one stage as he had arranged for us to use the London Golf Club and thought that it would be closing early as it was hosting the European Open the next day. He wanted some action shots so told me to drive up the hill and come down with "some momentum" so he could capture the car while cornering, I don't think he realised quite how loud my car is under full chat so as I booted it someone was just teeing off on the hole directly to my left they looked less than happy!

BlackC55 said:

Your to modest you put a ton of effort into both cars and at the same time having me ask stupid questions whenever you are working on mine.

Digital download didn't go well :(

Just got the mag, great article and well written!

Well done guys!

Been looking forward to this coming out. The 2 best looking E55's I've seen in the country in my opinion.

I've searched all the newsagents and WHS where I live to no avail! I'm Birmingham bound tomorrow so hopefully can pick up a copy at the services.

Last edited:
Good article guys.

Ricky - I want all the bits off your car!!

Your to modest you put a ton of effort into both cars and at the same time having me ask stupid questions whenever you are working on mine.

You are more than welcome to ask any question any time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom