Ride Height

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Baxta59

Car
E200 (Sold). CLS220 (Sold). S350d W222 current ride
S 350.jpgLS66HXF-used-MERCEDES-BENZ-S-CLASS-DIESEL-SALOON-S350d-L-AMG-Line-4dr-9GTronic-diesel-GREY-201...jpg
In the photos both vehicles have 20 inch wheels. The one I am buying is the black one. One thing that I noticed just now is that it seems to sit higher than the grey one. Any ideas why this smay be? I am sure the wheels should fill the arches a lot more than they do. Could there be a problem with the air suspension?
Thanks

Not sure of the set up on those but my CLS55 has air suspension with 4 settings:
Comfort, Sport 1, Sport 2, and raised. If the suspension looks high it's probably good and pressurised. I'd be more worried if it was saggy. You'll have to check it in the flesh.

Not sure of the set up on those but my CLS55 has air suspension with 4 settings:
Comfort, Sport 1, Sport 2, and raised. If the suspension looks high it's probably good and pressurised. I'd be more worried if it was saggy. You'll have to check it in the flesh.
Thanks Teego. Are those settings in the Command settings as the S Class only has sports and comfort buttons?

On a later car, you’ll likely have a button on the centre console, normal and raised.

On a later car, you’ll likely have a button on the centre console, normal and raised.
A3F077D3-146A-404B-A9CB-A5C92FBC7EF0.jpeg
Hi
Would it be this button here?
Thanks

That’s the one. You see the LED lit in some dealer photographs and that’s the raised mode.

As it turns out, my wife prefers the grey so looks like we are getting that one anyway. I do so love last minute change of plans

The silver one will for sure be easier to keep looking clean. As for the tinted rears windows...not for me , looks too much like the one I take to the airport (that's when I used to go to airports pre covid !) Lovely cars the S class. 👍

Update. Bought the black one as the grey was too iffy on its history and there was tell tale evidence of misuse. I have used the internal switch as advised and the car has lowered itself. Thank you

Update. Bought the black one as the grey was too iffy on its history and there was tell tale evidence of misuse. I have used the internal switch as advised and the car has lowered itself. Thank you
Great result and congrats on the new car. Lovely colour. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom