Right Cornering Light Alert

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

dad4geer

Car
W204 C180 AMG Sport
Should I be concerned?
This appeared for the first time while I was making a right turn..When I got home I tested it by turning wheel full right and the lights appeared to be fine? see attached pics.

Attachments

• ACA1ADFB-3C0A-4794-8B06-D775296B9B2B.jpeg
    ACA1ADFB-3C0A-4794-8B06-D775296B9B2B.jpeg
    982.7 KB · Views: 57
Should I be concerned?
This appeared for the first time while I was making a right turn..When I got home I tested it by turning wheel full right and the lights appeared to be fine? see attached pics.

Attachments

• 63E1B106-BF69-4DC4-808F-F4A2EE0B4FE4.jpeg
    63E1B106-BF69-4DC4-808F-F4A2EE0B4FE4.jpeg
    502.6 KB · Views: 48
Is the fog / drl supposed to light up ? Doesn’t look like yours has. Try turning left to check if the fog lights up. Might not work when stationary.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It’s a separate H7 halogen bulb in the headlamp itself. Look closely with the lights off and it pokes out at an angle between the dipped/main beam housing and the parking lamp LED.
Access is at the rear of the headlamp, it’s a twist in bulb holder.

It’s a separate H7 halogen bulb in the headlamp itself. Look closely with the lights off and it pokes out at an angle between the dipped/main beam housing and the parking lamp LED.
Access is at the rear of the headlamp, it’s a twist in bulb holder.

Yes that bulb is on when I checked it at stationary with full right turn..

It’s probably in its final days, on and off for a bit before going off completely. Then the left one will follow.

If you don’t fancy changing it yourself then I would expect any garage to be willing to do it for less than a tenner. Just don’t ask halfords.
I charged £16 to change both for a guy just last week, we don’t charge for fitting bulbs for regular customers, just the cost of the bulbs.

Did you ever get to the bottom of this? I have the same on my w204 C63. I bought new bulbs and replaced the right one (as indicated by the message on the dash) but I still have the "Right Cornering Light" message showing. Is there something else to do to get the warning to clear?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom