Right headlamp ballast for a 202

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BlackC55

Authorised Forum Sponsor
SUPPORTER
Car
E55K SL500 E250X2 Smart44 Brabus Track car E450Cabriolet X350 Pick up
Anyone have one?

Its for my C43

Not sure what you mean by 'ballast' mate, but iv got a scrap left hand standard 202 headlamp here if its just a part you want off it ?

The ballast is the control unit for the xenon headlamp. They are sided and I need a right one.

A2028207026 This is the part number

Found one for £35. That's a result!

Brilliant. How much are they from MB ?

If you ever get stuck the ballast from a MK1 Audi TT is the same as the C43 also its worth knowing ad they are far easier to come by and cheaper. I had to replace one on the mrs S202 and we used a TT one.

No worries I managed to get one off fleabay for £20 I know from Mercedes they were eye wateringly expensive lol

that is a result, i used the TT ones on my 202, only problem is the cable is shorter, but that can easily be swapped over if you had the old one!

It seems there's a relatively limited amount of ballasts for OEM applications. I know the ones I fitted for the OEM Xenons on my Ibiza were the same as some Volvo and a Renault Laguna.

IIRC the ballast assembly was in the region of £500 from MB. The 202 ballast "assembly" is handed but the ballast itself is the same, both sides.
What makes the assembly handed is just the mounting bracket. As you can see in the pic below,
Drivers side on the left of the pic, passenger side on the right.

New genuine Bosch ones can be bought from e-bay,
AL BOSCH D2S D2R Xenon Headlight Ballast MERCEDES SL / S CLASS AUDI TT BMW E46 | eBay

that is a result, i used the TT ones on my 202, only problem is the cable is shorter, but that can easily be swapped over if you had the old one!

getting a new ballast from Audi for less money is great.
are you saying that I could swap the wireloom from a broken ballast and fit onto the new one?
is it just taking the plug and press it on onto the new ballast if there is a plug or is cutting off the loom from old ballast and reattaching it onto the new ballast that needs to be done?
thanx

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom