Right interior for w126?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
No afaik that is very retrofit (unless it was some special order - not that i'm aware of though) , it should be this style
5.jpg

Last edited:
That's what I thought,the seat bases look like later style.Shame looks a tidy car otherwise.

It wouldn't necessarily put me off an otherwise tidy looking car :)

He does say in the advert that the interior was bespoke and done by a previous owner ;)

Look like seats out of a w210.
500SE rather rare - most are SELs and most SEs are 300s
Oddly, recently i have spotted exact same look F reg Blue 500SE local to me (not Manchester)
35530229.jpg

Oddly, recently i have spotted exact same look F reg Blue 500SE local to me (not Manchester)
35530229.jpg

No way are those W210 seats in that 500SE - they look like W126 seats that have been re-trimmed in leather - which is what the seller says:

BESPOKE LEATHER INTERIOR BY PREVIOUS OWNER, BEIGE WITH BLUE PIPING.

They look ok - surely better than tatty/torn/worn/smoky/faded 25 year old seats.

The car looks nice IMHO - low mileage, tidy, honest advert? :cool:

35530229.jpg

San Pedro?

Car looks good to me and could be a bargain. Mileage good if the bills back it up. Interior needs a closer look but looks well done in the pics.

Looks like the door cards have been done as well

No way are those W210 seats in that 500SE - they look like W126 seats that have been re-trimmed in leather - which is what the seller says:

They look ok - surely better than tatty/torn/worn/smoky/faded 25 year old seats.

The car looks nice IMHO - low mileage, tidy, honest advert? :cool:

Ah yes - didn't notice the wording (seems to have underplayed it)
Prefer look of originals myself -although that interior has one off rarity kudos.

"NEEDS A FEW MINOR JOBS TO MAKE PERFECT YOU KNOW THE USUAL TLC!"

If the usual TLC means rust I'd want to know the specifics before I went to view.

Overall the car looks spot on. Yep, if I wanted 500SE I'd be viewing it and allowing for replacing the seats with originals.

Well I bid and won. Going to collect it Saturday morning, lets hope it's as described.
Good luck, they are wonderful cars.

Check it very carefully & check he is actually prepared to part with it for the hammer price - he has previous for reneging & it's a long way to drive for an argument.

Seller has sold 4 items & received 3 negatives -

eBay Feedback profile for shopwallyshop

Thanks, I had seen that and have done lots of digging from his mobile and forum names. Nothing so far seems to indicate that he will mess me about, so fingeres crossed. I certianly will not be paying more than bid.

Just got the car insured through Flux for £230 argeed value.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom