Right price

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

V1RDE

Goin to look at the following car today. Just wondering the price is too high. Could probably get it for £5800.

C180 sport, 1998, 110,000 miles, manual box, aircon, e/mirrors, e/sunroof, e/front windows, usual extras, fMBSH.

£6250

Cheers

For a "rare manual", that sounds like a bargain !

Wouldn't let the mileage worry you as long as the Service History is absolutely immaculate !

PS Is it silver ? ;)

S.

Its black.

Might start @ £5500 ;)

def go cheeky, id go a grand below asking to start and work upwards depending on reaction!

i bought my siters mk4 golf £1300 below what it was marked up at!
private sale, the woman needed to sell it and i had part bankers draft and part cash to make up the difference! AND id traveelled 500 miles to preston from london to get it! so she knew i was serious!

So guys is that a yes or no? Thought Id ask the UK's finest Benz owners before I spend my hard earned cash ;)

V1RDE

Make a BIG thing of the manual gearbox, this is the Achilles heel for this car and the dealers know it. Personally I like mine.

Mines got leather wheel and gear knob, centre arm rest, rear arm rest with cup holders, rear electric windows. If those are not present maybe you can use that as a lever to get the price down.

Good luck.

When Buying a car...you must do exactly like the dealers do when valuing your part ex...you have to find everything negative about it......it is no use wowing and slobbering over it...the seller will be delighted.
Do not tell people how far you Travel...they know you are not going to go home 200 miles empty handed over a few hundred pounds..they stick at their price.

Funny story...my friend is a Ex-Police Senator fanatic and will travel anywhere to look and buy them, the last one i went along to help tow it (it was for spares or repair) and after haggling with the guy...(all the bad things and faults about the car)....the seller slammed the Bonnet and refused to sell the car...even when my mate offered the original price....i was in the doghouse all the way home.

"let your eyes be your Judge...and your pocket your guide"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom