Right Turns and Bus Lanes

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

JohnC

Car
2012 E350 Convertible
I was waiting to turn right across a two lane road. The inside lane being a bus-lane.

The driver in the outside lane made room for me to turn - but an idiot in a car had decided to use the bus-lane at speed to undertake the line of traffic

I just missed him - but who was at fault

I think me! But..............?

JohnC said:
I just missed him - but who was at fault

I think me! But..............?

Both, but the driver in the bus lane mainly. You should drive with due care when crossing moving traffic even when waved through by one driver. :crazy:

Most likely your fault I'm afraid. Was it during the times when the bus lane limitations are "active"? If so then the other driver might have got a ticking off, but that's about it.

Interestingly (and only slightly off-topic), we are told on our corporate driving education not to wave people through, flash, etc, as this has been successfully used by other drivers/insurers to demonstrate a contributary action - with the subsequent financial penalty imposed by a civil court.

So if an E220 driver justs stares at you at a junction - I am being friendly........

I agree with you - your fault entirely. That someone else may have been breaking the law is no excuse for not checking that it was safe to turn.

As an aside, I hate people that 'give way' inappropriately, I'm big enough and ugly enough to decide when I'll make my maneuvre myself. And worse, are those people who 'flash' you to go and then get really annoyed if you don't go immediately. What is that all about? Don't flash in the first place then !! (that was starting to be a rant there)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom