Riley

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MicB

MB Enthusiast
Car
MB SL500 (R230) 2003, MB SLK320 (R170) 2001, Volvo V70 XC AWD 2001
They have both gone now

View attachment 47243

They were brothers, born in January 2003......Bentley (the red one) ''died'' in October of last year and we took the decision to end Riley's life (the brindle) last Thursday. Riley was, for us, the end of an era spanning over 38 years of living with boxer dogs......five in all. In addition, my parents lived with boxer dogs so I have enjoyed the company of boxers most of my life. I feel privileged to have done so.

The house feels empty and I have no one to talk to.......no one that agrees with my every word that is.

We are going to try to tough it out and free ourselves from the tie of living with dogs.......our elder daughter has a boxer dog, Carla, so we will at least be getting a frequent ''fix''.

Mic

Last edited:
Mic

I feel your loss. Both my Siberians went recently. I had to have another. So off to Battersea we trotted. Came home with Loki, a 1 year old Siberian. Daft as a brush he fills a gap. I now want another.

Our boxer Seth is just over two years old and even though as a pup he was as mad as a box of frogs, he's settling down now into a wonderful dog, we wouldn't know what we'd do without him.

Here he is out on his daily seven mile walk;

And here he is giving me 'the look':

Sorry for your loss Mic, I'm dreading the times you've gone through.

Was very sorry to hear this on Saturday ... it's always sad to lose a dog, but having none around the house now must be especially tough. Make a big fuss of your daughter's dog and see how you feel about having another one in a month or two.

If you want to borrow a Collie just let me know :)

Sorry for your loss.

After having several dogs... I recommend a cat.

Very different, but very rewarding in its own way.

So sorry to hear your news. I have never had a dog or been a dog lover until we got our 8 year daughter old a crazy puppy named Steffi last November.

She was a lovely, friendly and happy dog. Always at our pool bar making friends with the guests without being a nuisance.

Sadly she died in October aged only 11 months. My daughter is still coming to terms with her loss.

Sad to hear of your loss, losing a member of the family is awful. We lost one of our cats a few months ago. She was thirteen but behaved like a delinquent adolescent terrier. House in quieter without her although her sister tries to keep the traditions up.

Sorry to see this, Mic.

We recently had a Mast Cell Tumour removed from our pinscher - not a pleasant experience and the OH was a state all week waiting for the biopsy results. Thankfully, he looks to be on the mend.

He was not exactly assisted in recovery by Susan, his girl Puggle roommate, jumping on him at every possible moment to test out the suture work. Actually, despite being only one it was lovely to see the instinct of realising something wasn't right kicking in with her....by day 5 she was routinely washing the nasty 6 inch scar for him.

Take some time to reflect on your dog future - as much as a burden as they are on time from home, holidays etc, I wouldn't be without a dog in the house. And probably without 2 now....

R

It must be heart-wrenching; sorry for your loss.

Dreading the day myself as our Scottie will be 14 in May.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom