Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Saw the photos and all I can say if FANTASTIC. Looks even better than when new. Now, I wish something like that existed in this country :mad: at the same price range also :D Imagine is somebody wanted to start a business here he could make a mountain of money. We only have one or two reputable fixers who charge silly money!

Last edited:
Just been to drop off some brabus split rims... let see what these boys can do... Very impressive setup though! I just hope my wheels dont get lost in that maze!

Just been to drop off some brabus split rims... let see what these boys can do... Very impressive setup though! I just hope my wheels dont get lost in that maze!

So you did get them without any trouble this time :bannana::bannana::bannana:

Well 3.5 weeks nail biting!

:wallbash::wallbash: Well:My last ebay purchase from germany was crap to
3 1/2 months later I asked paypal for my money back and 4+ months later I got a refund

Jay, what have you instructed these guys to undertake with the split-rims?...... Paint, powedercoat, diamond cut, new lips??

Still looking for someone to refurb my AMG's.... I have some family near West Brom so would be a good excuse to go up & see them!...

Cheers Dee

The wheels dont appear to be in bad shape, only from a refurb in the past the Brabus script is almost lost (full of paint)..

I want the centres in Anthracite, so ive asked them to strip the centres and re do and then a polished and lacqured lip.

Ill keep you up to date.

Also note that ive always been impressed with A1 wheels in Wolverhampton. If ringway hadnt have shown me his refurb, these Brabus wheels would have gone to A1..

Ringway, I'd be interested in knowing how the alloys have held up? :)

Ringway, I'd be interested in knowing how the alloys have held up? :)

The wheels are in great condition. We had the hosepipe ban for a while so the fleet didn't get the usual attention.

On the advice of Will I used some Poorboys Wheel Sealant. Well worth the 3-4 hours to apply after some Autoglym SRP and has kept the wheels looking very, very good. :thumb:

If you can get to the Rimstock/Rimfurbish plant, try to get a tour of the refurbishing section which, although noisy and hot, is fascinating to view. :thumb:

The wheels dont appear to be in bad shape, only from a refurb in the past the Brabus script is almost lost (full of paint)..

I want the centres in Anthracite, so ive asked them to strip the centres and re do and then a polished and lacqured lip.

Ill keep you up to date.

Also note that ive always been impressed with A1 wheels in Wolverhampton. If ringway hadnt have shown me his refurb, these Brabus wheels would have gone to A1..

I look forward to seeing those Jay. :thumb:

I just realised that i forgot to take before pics! Oh well.

Its a 7-10 day turnaround though due to the complexity of the job :(
Hope its worth it..

The wheels are in great condition. We had the hosepipe ban for a while so the fleet didn't get the usual attention.

On the advice of Will I used some Poorboys Wheel Sealant. Well worth the 3-4 hours to apply after some Autoglym SRP and has kept the wheels looking very, very good. :thumb:

If you can get to the Rimstock/Rimfurbish plant, try to get a tour of the refurbishing section which, although noisy and hot, is fascinating to view. :thumb:

Thanks. I'm not far from them and have the same Sador alloys but was thinking of powder coating (£20 a wheel).

I previously had some BMW alloys done similarily and the laquer broke down after 6 months. No guarantee:mad: (A1 wheels in Bilston if you are looking).

I'll do some research and might pop in to have a look.:thumb:

Thanks. I'm not far from them and have the same Sador alloys but was thinking of powder coating (£20 a wheel).

I previously had some BMW alloys done similarily and the laquer broke down after 6 months. No guarantee:mad: (A1 wheels in Bilston if you are looking).

I'll do some research and might pop in to have a look.:thumb:

It depends on your budget and how long you intend to keep your car etc, but the diamond-cut finish looks superb and at £58.50 + Vat per wheel is fantastic value.
If you decided to sell your car, the finished wheels could only enhance the value and would probably guarantee a sale.

Don't forget the refurbished wheels carry a 12, months guarantee and that Rimstock have the contract to refurb all Mercedes alloys wheels.

The painted finishes are superb and after seeing those, I nearly didn't have the diamond-cut finish. But I'm glad I did. :thumb:

Another 10 days to go :(

They say they have done the centres but are waiting for new bolts to come from germany and are still doing the outers.

Thanks

Jay

Another 10 days to go :(

They say they have done the centres but are waiting for new bolts to come from germany and are still doing the outers.

Thanks

Jay

I'm certain the wait will be worthwhile Jay. :thumb:

Has anyone here ever used this company, http://www.AlloyWheelsRepairsUK.co.uk I unfortunately scraped my previously unblemished front offside wheel against a roundabout kerb yesterday and need to have it repaired. I live in the South East so Rimfurbish is not so handy even thought they sound very good.

Has anyone here ever used this company, http://www.AlloyWheelsRepairsUK.co.uk I unfortunately scraped my previously unblemished front offside wheel against a roundabout kerb yesterday and need to have it repaired. I live in the South East so Rimfurbish is not so handy even thought they sound very good.

RV, Rimfubish have many ready refurnished wheels in stock to swap-out, so it may possibly be a case of calling them to check availability and driving there for a changeover.

You could always run on your spare and send your wheel to them by carrier and after refurbishment they'll send it back. The carriage cost for my four wheels and tyres was £20 one-way. There may be a minimum charge, but even so the cost is very reasonable.

One thing is guaranteed, the quality will be of the highest order.

HTH.

Paul.

have we sorted an mbclub discount yet ? seem to be getting alot of business from here???
just a thought

have we sorted an mbclub discount yet ? seem to be getting alot of business from here???
just a thought

Not a bad idea at all. :thumb:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom