Rioters - bring on the AK47s!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mercy1

Car
It's a car - just a car!
So now we're told that live ammunition could have been used by police in the summer riots. Damn, what a missed opportunity of dealing with some of our low-life!!

I heard that on radio 2 this morning, what a missed opportunity.

Excuse me!!! I'm from Croydon. We have enough guns and knives on our streets already! We do not need the feds being robbed of their AK47s and falling into the wrong hands do we??? Let the bobbys be safe...no guns please! :(

They are using firearms in Syria at the moment. I hear its very successful- 5,000 dead and no riots there at all now----. :doh: the Tottenham riots also ostensibly kicked off?? - after a suspected gunman Mark Duggan was shot dead by police.
Death of Mark Duggan - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Not condoning the actions of rioters but also not sure if firearms would restore order or simply escalate the level of violence on both sides. :dk:

Gun power is mighty.Riots would be restored in no time.All those "bad boys" would be crying like babies.Only picking up on the InnoCence ones, if problem was with the Police let them stand up to them!!!Only exuses for their ignorance,shame on all of them

:ban:

Great Idea !!:rolleyes:

Let's take an institution which appears to have, ahem, "challenges" with internal standards of morality, scruple, organisation, leadership etc, and let's give them guns. :wallbash::wallbash:

Whoever thought of that then ?? Not related to Gaddafi by any chance ?? :doh:

The name Stephen Lawrence comes to mind.

Look, I hated the rioters as much as anyone but arming the rozzers is not going to solve that. Violence only ever begets more violence. If the perpetrators know they are up against guns then guess what happens.....yep, they all come out armed as well. It just escalates and escalates.

What might have sounded more credible would have been to have more coppers out on the street.

Who was it said, "A society that will trade a little liberty for a little order will lose both, and deserve neither" ???

A more robust response certainly, but this is a bit too far. Arms are an absolute last resort and only when all other alternatives aimed at preventing the loss of life have been taken.

I'm sorry but I have to agree with police using firearms if such thing happened again
This is London for crying out loud and the world should no more point and laugh at us

Rubber bullets and water cannon maybe but not real bullets. It's more likely to be Nerf guns and Supersoakers with the current financial constraints though.:D

What would happen if you allowed water to flow around the rioters feet, sneakily, then put an over sized tazer in it. I reckon you'd be able to pick the little sh*ts up reasonably easily then.:D

we have had gases for a long time that relax sphincter muscles particularly well. you have to be a pretty determined rioter if you have sh*t and p*ssed yourself.

Rubber bullets and water cannon maybe but not real bullets.

When my local Argos got done during the riots the broke the back entrance and got the lot.Outside there was the local gangsters with carrying fire arms and they had a big lorry.As people got out carrying gear they were told to put everything on the lorry

Now how would rubber bullets and water cannon help if things went wrong?!!

Chinese whispers.

Who heard anyone say a rioter would be shot? No one.

Police could be empowered to use live rounds against a person or persons engaging in arson on certain types of property.

Be very careful what you wish for.

What's the maximum sentence for a rioter?

Is it the death sentence? If not, why are we advocating killing them?

The way I see it, let them riot, then get enough cops to arrest them on the spot and lock them up until they've served their sentence...

M.

if you choose to live there why shouldn't people laugh:thumb:

People might laugh more very your very cheap resposnse
I don't live there,is the area I work at but you don't seem to get that no
matter how rough the area is things like that should not be happening as after all Is still London

Every police man or woman is a human being as all of us.They know what is fear,even they are train to act accordingly under stress.In my old days I worked on doors.Had a situation of 30 drunk punks smashing the place up and only two of us security.I was scared but survived-broken nose,stab wound,an eye-place and customers safe-I paid the price.Police would be scared too for their lifes,no one would like to end up in hospital so they keep distance.For situation likr riots army should be involved or special units-simple.Ordinary police unit will not handle it,they will wait

Bring back the riot act. (I actually didn't know it had been repealed)

It looks to me like its the media not telling the whole story and sensationalising it again.
Yes it is live rounds, what are the Live Rounds?
Plastic Bullets.
They are designed to be non lethal (When used correctly)

And as for saying water cannon, there are no water cannons in the country, also they need to be used in pairs to be effective and need constantly refilling.

I wonder whether a foam machine completely obscuring visibility would be a useful deterent, if you can't see where you are going it makes life difficult for them, incorporating a tear gas mixture in the foam would make it particulalrly unpleasant.

It looks to me like its the media not telling the whole story and sensationalising it again.
Yes it is live rounds, what are the Live Rounds?
Plastic Bullets.
They are designed to be non lethal (When used correctly)

And as for saying water cannon, there are no water cannons in the country, also they need to be used in pairs to be effective and need constantly refilling.

There are water cannons in the UK.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom