RIP Jethro

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

DSM10000

Hardcore MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
E32O CDi Sport, MX5 1.8 Sport, Range Rover 5.0 SC, BMW X1
Yes, heard about this in the car this morning. Very sad, I always enjoyed his humour. RIP Geoff Rowe

I clearly remember him being introduced to an audience outside Cornwall by Des O'Connor on his TV chat show.
On TV he was witty, innovative & hilarious but so sad that for his live shows he descended to the depths of vulgarity & filth. Thus he was of course popular with certain sections of society but having had the displeasure of witnessing his live show & leaving at the interval along with several others I lost all respect for the man.

I clearly remember him being introduced to an audience outside Cornwall by Des O'Connor on his TV chat show.
On TV he was witty, innovative & hilarious but so sad that for his live shows he descended to the depths of vulgarity & filth. Thus he was of course popular with certain sections of society but having had the displeasure of witnessing his live show & leaving at the interval along with several others I lost all respect for the man.
You would be surprised at the many comedians who appear(ed) on TV with a routine that would never sell out live shows.
Ken Dodd, Jimmy Tarbuck, Jim Davidson and Bob Monkhouse were some of the bluest comedians you could find on the club circuit where they made their big money through DVD's and the live shows.
Jethro was no different and you'd be naive to think you'd get a clean show outside of TV.
I roared when I saw him at Southampton some years ago. I'm not offended by jokes, whatever their nature.

Never saw him live, so it is disappointing to hear that side of him.

Never saw him live, so it is disappointing to hear that side of him.
I saw him live on two occasions.

Whilst he could be more "adult" in his humour on stage I certainly didn't find him offensive.

I saw him live on two occasions.

Whilst he could be more "adult" in his humour on stage I certainly didn't find him offensive.
Well, that is good to know.

I’m not a prude and have no problem with intelligent adult humour. I just don’t enjoy sustained, one-dimensional, crude, humour. There are some comedians that even if given a ticket, I would not cross the street to see them live, and that’s just based on the TV performances I’ve seen or snippets I’ve come across elsewhere.

As a much younger man I used to drive past his club in Lewdown on my way to the Ambrosia Custard Factory in Lifton , my duties there as a contractor was to service machines that packed the world famous custard. Going in there was like going back in time !

Many a time I told myself I would have to go in the club one day ...never did.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom