RIP John Surtees...........what a sad day!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

wil992

Car
E63 S W212 & Mini JCW F56
John surtees

Just heard that John Surtees has died.

Only man to be crowned World Champion on 2 and 4 wheels

Should have been Knighted years ago

Very sad news - He was such a nice guy, we have been working with him since he took over buckmore park :(

RIP

A legend. When men were real men in motorsport.

RIP
_95105835_gettyimages-77798566.jpg

Sad news and the world has lost a true gentleman who lived a very full life :(

He was such a nice man, I met him at Goodwood at the FOS when it was in it's infancy and less commercial. Back then you could wander around the pits and John Surtees spent nearly all day just talking to people, having photo's taken and signing autographs.

He never once looked fed up or bored, just enthusiastic.

Very sad ; a great loss .

IIRC , he held an honorary post as an ambassador for the Mercedes-Benz Club ( can't recall the exact title ) .

I can remember following the IOM TT on the radio in the early 1960's when he was riding for MV Agusta, I was gutted when he moved to cars!

I can remember following the IOM TT on the radio in the early 1960's when he was riding for MV Agusta, I was gutted when he moved to cars! but what an achievement World Champion in both

I remember he lost his son back in 2009 although at least it was doing something he loved to do.

Very sad.

A very underrated driver. To win the World Championship in one class is brilliant. To win in two probably will never be repeated. RIP.

Great man - Great life

A remarkably talented and charming man who led a full life. I met him, from a distance, at several RAC events.

It's impressive that he died at 83, if a trade where so many, like Hailwood, and Sheene die at half that age from accidents or (trade-related) health issues.

Very sad, a true gent.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom