rip jonny asarni

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Murder rate lowest for 12 years | UK news | The Guardian

Both sets of crime figures, the British Crime Survey, which measures people's experience of crime, and the police recorded crime figures show continued substantial falls in offences bringing the risk of becoming a crime victim to a 30 year low.

Sorry nick.ged - I know that the loss of Mr Asarni is the subject of this thread and don't want to take it off topic. I will avoid any further comment.

Sorry nick.ged - I know that the loss of Mr Asarni is the subject of this thread and don't want to take it off topic. I will avoid any further comment.

Not sure how well the OP actually knew him, but his name was Mr Assani.

I feel for his family, especially his son. The murder of his father in front of him will probably haunt him the rest of his life - I hope he finds the strength to handle it.

In cases like this, capital punishment should be the sentence - for all of them, including the woman who made the phone call.
Animals like them deserve to be extinct.

I hope the girl who kick-started all this gets a sentence as well.

Not that it will bring back the victim. But there needs to be a message sent out that this type of behaviour cannot go unpunished.

Not sure how well the OP actually knew him, but his name was Mr Assani.

I noticed that as I couldn't find an article at first.

However, I think it would be fair to say you could know someone quite well but not necessarily be able to spell their name accurately - unless you ever had to write it down for any reason.

Murder rate lowest for 12 years | UK news | The Guardian

Both sets of crime figures, the British Crime Survey, which measures people's experience of crime, and the police recorded crime figures show continued substantial falls in offences bringing the risk of becoming a crime victim to a 30 year low.

I think the problem now is instant media and fast deployment of news across far and wide - we are bombarded with things we might never have known about 30 years ago.

Bad stories and sensational journalism sells as I believe it taps into the same part of the brain that causes people to slow down on a motorway to look at a crash on the other side.

However, despite the murder rate dropping and the increase in news flow, I think the murder rate, and other crime, is still too high and we shouldn't have to tolerate it in this day and age.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom