Rip off survey...or having your trousers pullef RIGHT down!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Tim203

So, as the title suggests here is my survey on paying extortionate prices for things. I am hoping for the usual healthy debate in justifying said prices and it can be anything from car spares to a pint of beer........ Talking of which a pint of cider in Kuala Lumpur was nearly a tenner when I went a few years back! But fair do's, that's their religion and it's taxed accordingly. By the same token you could fill your car for a tenner too!

£10 for a small can of Coke in a restaurant on Capri...... Worth every penny just for the views

Fiver a pint in just about any Wimbledon Pub..

wxcept the Wetherspoons, of course.

I've voted with my feet...

Pricey pint in my favourite bar.

Wetherspoons down the street is about £1.50 cheaper - but my favourite bar is far more comfortable.

I think it's worth the extra money for the ambiance.

Clan Millar went to see the BFG at Cineworld. A very good film and worth going to see.

We bought:

2 cups of tea - Regular sized
1 Coke - Regular
1 Hot Dog - Small
1 Popcorn - Small

£17.20. WTF. And they ban you from bringing in your own food & drink. I understand the need to not have people bringing in their own stuff, but to blatantly profiteer on the back of this is shocking.

So including the tickets you are looking at a £70 for two hours.

I went to Dublin a few years back, went to a bar at night and had a bacardi and coke, may have been a double. I got the bacardi with ice in a glass and was handed a warmish can of coke. Cost around £16 euros

£17.20. WTF. And they ban you from bringing in your own food & drink. I understand the need to not have people bringing in their own stuff

Must just be the one you went to? I have regularly gone to Cineworld Harlow and Braintree and have always taken my own snacks in. £1.50 for a bag of M&M's in Sainsburys, and £3.50 at Cineworld/Odeon.

Clan Millar went to see the BFG at Cineworld. A very good film and worth going to see.

We bought:

2 cups of tea - Regular sized
1 Coke - Regular
1 Hot Dog - Small
1 Popcorn - Small

£17.20. WTF. And they ban you from bringing in your own food & drink. I understand the need to not have people bringing in their own stuff, but to blatantly profiteer on the back of this is shocking.

So including the tickets you are looking at a £70 for two hours.

You sound as if this was a surprise.

We were leaving on holiday in a few hours when a strong wind blew an upstairs winsow shut (single pane), breaking the glass. Made a few calls for emrgency replacement, finally found a guy to do it in an hour...£149 for a 2 ft x3 ft window pane installed.

£130ish for an emergency service, within 1 hour? Very reasonable...

Little b*****d local emergency plumber came out on a Saturday evening just before Christmas to fix a leaking connection. It needed an Imperial, not metric, sized compression ring, and I couldn't find any locally, or I would have fixed it myself.

I told him it needed an Imperial compression ring; he said he had one, and fixed it; it wasn't leaking; £180. I gulped and handed over the cash.

Two hours later it was leaking again. He'd used a metric ring and lots of force...

Funnily enough, he never answered the phone this time.

brucemillar said:
Clan Millar went to see the BFG at Cineworld. A very good film and worth going to see. We bought: 2 cups of tea - Regular sized 1 Coke - Regular 1 Hot Dog - Small 1 Popcorn - Small £17.20. WTF. And they ban you from bringing in your own food & drink. I understand the need to not have people bringing in their own stuff, but to blatantly profiteer on the back of this is shocking. So including the tickets you are looking at a £70 for two hours.

This is why I get the missus to bring her big hand bag when we go to the cinema. Only thing I'm paying for at the cinema is tickets and an ice blast, everything else is smuggled in the handbag from tesco!

£21 for a stein of Stella in Perth WA.

€70 for a brandy and coke at Amnesia in Ibiza :eek;

In a restaurant in a posh town I paid by CC and got fleeced for 30 quid tip, had a box you put the amount you want to tip? I never spotted this and left it blank and the cheeky t@@ts added £30 to the bill.
By the way when I seen this on my bank statement I called in and got my money back.
And never went to that place again

There seems to be a theme here with late night bars/ clubs and expensive drinks. I can't help wondering if these are "special" clubs where there are other "options" on the menu!!!!!!!

Talking of clubs I went to one in Antwerp where you could get double filtered beer. Yep, the young ladies squat on the bar were filtering your beer into another glass through their knickers and they were still wearing them!!

Last edited:
Quick, what was that address again? :dk:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom