RIP Princess Diana

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MB Club Veteran
Car
Not always
"A truly British girl"

Lest she be forgotten .

20 years ago today .

Shame on her "husband" .

And may her memory live forever in the hearts of her sons and her subjects .

I thought that 31st August was the day.
Are you 3 months premature ?

What I find astounding is that Mother Theresa died the following day - She was (almost) a saint, yet people only seem to remember Diana.

What I find astounding is that Mother Theresa died the following day - She was (almost) a saint, yet people only seem to remember Diana.

TV programmes tonight were suggesting this was the anniversary !

Sorry if I was mislead .

No less the tragedy , or the shame .

I agree she ought to have been made a Saint - such were her good works .

Diana should still be remembered on the anniversary of her untimely death .

TV programmes tonight were suggesting this was the anniversary !

Sorry if I was mislead .

No less the tragedy , or the shame .

Considering the programme had an hour by hour, day by day breakdown of events (in September) I don't think you were mislead [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Turns out the w140 she was in had previously been a complete write off having been stolen, rolled etc etc. Then plucked from the scrapyard, rebuilt and bought by the ritz:

Diana's Paris crash car 'was already a death trap'

http://dailym.ai/2sjiaiR

One for the purists:

The lady was never "Princess Diana". The "Princess" title directly followed by the name can be correctly used only with someone born to be princess. For example, Princess Anne.

Diana was, formally, either "Princess Charles" (cf Princess Michael of Kent) or "Diana, Princess of Wales".

So much for the accuracy of the press, though!

Princess Diana "The peoples princess" who used to stay in £4k per night hotels (90s prices) in the Bahamas then days later visits homeless shelters.

Mother Teresa Died a week later, devoted her life to helping people, noone remembers, or gives a damn.

Princess Diana "The peoples princess" who used to stay in £4k per night hotels (90s prices) in the Bahamas then days later visits homeless shelters.

Mother Teresa Died a week later, devoted her life to helping people, noone remembers, or gives a damn.

Salt and pepper...

I agree she ought to have been made a Saint - such were her good works .

Her "good works" were not entirely selfless.

I saw a programme recently about her and the amount of charities with which she at some time associated herself was amazing.

However, it was pointed out that those that didn't generate the required volume of gushing ("Isn't Diana Wonderful") column inches would be quickly dropped whilst those that provided the best media coverage (walking around in front of the cameras looking fabulous in anti-landmine gear whilst nowhere near any mines or embracing AIDS victims in a foreign hospital) were milked for all they were worth.

She was far too calculating and manipulative for canonization.

Considering the programme had an hour by hour, day by day breakdown of events (in September) I don't think you were mislead [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wasn't watching them - the mere fact that Ch5 seemed to be devoting an entire evening of programming to this subject , not so very far removed from the anniversary , was in itself suggestive of it being the anniversary .

I merely came across one of the programmes whilst channel hopping , then noticed that the TV guide showed several programmes back to back .

There was an article in the newspaper about it today, so the date must be relevant somehow! :confused: :dk:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom