RIP Sir Sean Connery

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
A man who knew his limitations as an actor but also knew what he wanted to achieve and put the effort in to get there.

RI.P and thank you for the memories.

Oh my! 90 is a pretty good knock though. RIP :(

Such sad news, he was a legend. Loved him in 'The Rock'.

RIP Sean

Always liked him, from the young singer in "Darby O'Gill" a private soldier in "The Hill" to 007 and beyond you'll be much missed Sir Sean ! R.I.P.

A man who knew his limitations as an actor but also knew what he wanted to achieve and put the effort in to get there.

RI.P and thank you for the memories.

Well he was more than 007. Three that come to mind - particularly the first:

The Offence​
The Fightened City​
The Anderson tapes​

I think he was an odd choice for Marnie. It certainly adds an odd distinctiveness to the film.

My favourite one liner as he has two girls in the bath with him at the Hong Kong Penninsula hotel ....

” careful you don’t get any soap in my eye” - priceless. I think it was You only live twice.

RIP.

RIP SC

Many moons ago a golf club friend of my dads named Peter Bond was on Concord. Peter Bond was a gobby journalist for the Daily Star.

Also on the flight was Sean Connery and so Peter approached Sean and said “my name is Bond, Peter Bond”.
Sean looked at Peter and simply replied “**** off mate, I’ve had a hard day”.

Last edited:
Well he was more than 007. Three that come to mind - particularly the first:

The Offence​
The Fightened City​
The Anderson tapes​

I think he was an odd choice for Marnie. It certainly adds an odd distinctiveness to the film.
I did not mean that in terms of him playing 007 but in terms of his overall acting repertoire compared to others :)

I did not mean that in terms of him playing 007 but in terms of his overall acting repertoire compared to others :)

Compared with?

He's done western, sci fi, spy, thriller, fantasy, historical, musical.

(I don't remember him doing horror.)

I mentioned 'The Offence' because it is dark and not well known and is quite intensely focused on the individual acting performances rather than screen presence.

Compared with?

He's done western, sci fi, spy, thriller, fantasy, historical, musical.

(I don't remember him doing horror.)

I mentioned 'The Offence' because it is dark and not well known and is quite intensely focused on the individual acting performances rather than screen presence.
Indeed but with a fairly formulaic style. It is purely my observation and not a criticism. I enjoyed most of his performances but it is fair to say that he did not generally adopt other accents.

Tremendously sad but 90 was a very good age, and died peacefully in his sleep. Just how James Bond would have wanted it. He was the quintessential Bond to me, suave debonair and just portrayed him perfectly as he did in all the other roles he portrayed (Highlander, The Rock, The Untouchables, Outland, Time Bandits).
I think I will put on my favourite bond film of You Only Live Twice in a few minutes.
A sad day for the world of cinema but the legacy of his films will live on. RIP Sean 007

I think I will put on my favourite bond film of You Only Live Twice in a few minutes.
A film where he was overshadowed by an auto-gyro.:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom