RIP Steve Jobs

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
The only way to do great work is to love what you do - Steve Jobs RIP...

Health before wealth
would you rather live a billionaire lifestyle and die at 56 or scrub along on a "normal" salary and pension and live to be 80,:dk:,
jeez its a tough one

Im not a fan of the 'cool' Apple which we have these days, im not a fan of the iPhone but I do appreciate what Steve Jobs did to the industry, and all his previous work during the earlier days.

RIP

I grew up using a Macintosh Classic, Macintosh LC, Powerbook 100, Power Mac 6100/66 and a Power Mac 6500.

I bought apple when finder was the only gui that worked, it made computing accessible. Cheers for that Steve.

Never bothered since though. I am too tight to buy into a brand that produces great kit when good enough is cheaper and good enough.

On a personal level I find Wosniak more appealing.

In 2005, Steve Jobs himself said

"Death is very likely the single best invention of life. It is life’s change agent. It clears out the old to make way for the new."

We await the newborn who will grow to have as much impact on people's lives as Steve Jobs has had. It's a big pair of shoes to step into and aspire to fill.

RIP Steve. Gone in body, but immortal in spirit.

^ and ur point is....

no point, just thinking, 56 is tragically young to die, BUT if say at 18 you had the choice to live as a billionaire and die at 56 or scrub along and die in your 80's, which would you choose, if i had chosen the former i would have been dead 4 years now :eek:

Oh k, I thought you were implying that he chose his billions over his health..... Apologies matey...

Health before wealth
would you rather live a billionaire lifestyle and die at 56 or scrub along on a "normal" salary and pension and live to be 80,:dk:,
jeez its a tough one

Interesting question, and I bet the older a person is, the more likely they are to answer "screw the money I want to live longer". I (hopefully) want to see my son get married and bounce his children on my knee in my old age. No amount of money would tempt me from that dream:)

"Each ... is a person who served his fellow man by producing products and services that made life easier. What else do they owe? They’ve already given".

he hasn't made my life easier.

i had an i pod once but they where crap, the software interface was fiddly and annoying.

Interesting question, and I bet the older a person is, the more likely they are to answer "screw the money I want to live longer". :)

I think you have hit the nail on the head, life is short and the older you get, the faster time seems to pass

I think you have hit the nail on the head, life is short and the older you get, the faster time seems to pass

Unless you are in a queue at an airport. Then time passes really slowly.

Max Bygraves records have a similar effect - maybe that's why he's popular with the older generation.............

i feel for his family and it is a shame.

i do feel though that people should get a bit of perspective, he wasn't a 'revolutionary' as someone descrided him. he was a very good salesman and i guess this thread is a testiment to how good a salesman he was, some people percieve a genuine affinity with this guy and that's fair enough.

But lets get it right, he didn't invent the steam engine or cure polio, he repackaged other peoples inventions in a very effective way, that's all.

But lets get it right, he didn't invent the steam engine or cure polio, he repackaged other peoples inventions in a very effective way, that's all.

Hang on a sec here;

He invented (or was responsible for inventing) what we all use day in day out and thats a window based GUi. Anyone here remember the Apple Lisa? He was also responsible for the mouse which we all use.

If you want to look at someone who has plundered others ideas, you need look no further than Xenix and windows. Mr Gates.

Love him or loathe him, he brought stylish ideas and technology to the masses and was very good at selling it. He contributed positively and will be missed. Whichever way, its a sad day, not least for his family.

i feel for his family and it is a shame.

i do feel though that people should get a bit of perspective, he wasn't a 'revolutionary' as someone descrided him. he was a very good salesman and i guess this thread is a testiment to how good a salesman he was, some people percieve a genuine affinity with this guy and that's fair enough.

Except that he invented the GUI.

Whether a few people like it or not, he will forever be remembered for his work be it as a salesman, inventor, revolutionary or whatever esle you wana call him. At the end of the day he did so much more than a lot of people will ever do in their lifetime.

He was a GREAT MAN in my opinion and I don't even own anything apple...

Hang on a sec here;

He invented (or was responsible for inventing) what we all use day in day out and thats a window based GUi. Anyone here remember the Apple Lisa? He was also responsible for the mouse which we all use.

If you want to look at someone who has plundered others ideas, you need look no further than Xenix and windows. Mr Gates.

Love him or loathe him, he brought stylish ideas and technology to the masses and was very good at selling it. He contributed positively and will be missed. Whichever way, its a sad day, not least for his family.

i didn't mention bill gates and i wasn't running mr jobs down. he was a fantastic leader in his organisation.

all i'm saying is people are getting a bit carried away, too many superlatives.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom