Rising W211 E55 prices?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 37751

Anyone else noticed this?

Sort of, I think they are becoming more sort after. I think all AMG's are becoming more popular

it's because petrol prices are falling :)

Sounds good to me if they are :thumb: I did notice that the four S211 E55 on Autotrader were ranging from £9K to £15K did just think they were being over optimistic especially the 120K miles one for £13,750!

IMHO I think they bottomed out last year...they did not make that many, so few good uns about:thumb:

Yes noticed a price increase and also nice examples seem to sell quicker than they where. The few poor examples are still out there and no surprise the white wrapped one that sold is now on ebay again.

I also think at the 10year plus mark mileage is becoming less relevant within reason.

All niche cars are selling better than they were. People have money to spend and interest rates are poor.
If interest rates rise, luxury cars will plummet in value.

SPX said:
Anyone else noticed this?

Yes, especially the later build cars '05 they have become very rare but as prices rise perhaps more will come on the market. 911 prices for '51 to '04 also have risen sharply too, I've missed out on a few great opportunities there also.

Sent from my iPad using MBClub UK

no surprise the white wrapped one that sold is now on ebay again

Lol, I even know the one you mean and I don't look that often. :D

C55 were selling for higher sums than E55K last year and earlier this year, not the case now.

Last edited:
I have put mine up due to timing (not due to price rise!) slightly worried now I have under valued it!

I did look about and noticed prices seemed almost same as when I was looking 2 years ago.

jimmyca69 said:
I have put mine up due to timing (not due to price rise!) slightly worried now I have under valued it! I did look about and noticed prices seemed almost same as when I was looking 2 years ago.

Yours is the late build too, you'll regret selling this car anyway even if you sell for £12k.

Yours is the late build too, you'll regret selling this car anyway even if you sell for £12k.

Even with the increases I think £12k is very ambitious. Also don't forget whilst cars do have a value a lot depends on the buyers keenness and the sellers need and desire to sell. The old saying "something is only worth what someone is prepared to pay" applies in this instance.

Jimmy has a nice new golf r to look forward to so whilst he is not desperate to sell. I'm sure he would like it shifted before the release date in March 2015.

I think 12k is ambitious for mine to say the least :D

Would love to be wrong but have to be realistic and although no rush to sell got to be realistic with pricing.

I'm not sure prices rising, just bottomed out and seeing the lower mileage later specs certainly holding value more as there are quite a few high miles pre-04 ones around.

One thing is for sure and that is I will regret selling it, I know I will regardless of what I get for her, but head over heart.

All niche cars are selling better than they were. People have money to spend and interest rates are poor.
If interest rates rise, luxury cars will plummet in value.

So will new car sales, especially luxury cars as they are sold on low rate finance.

When I was selling my 2007 E63 it was a bloody pain in the **** to try and shift.

All I got were people some who were members offering me £12k because that's what trade was.

In the end it went into the trade for a much better offer than £12k

So as said it just depends on what buyers are willing to pay rather than what they are up for.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom