Risk Boardgame

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ibrar

Car
55 plate LWB Sprinter and soon to be C220 AMG Sport Plus
Playing it for my first time. Anyone have any hints that I can use....

So long since I played I can't remember but like all board games doesn't it come down to chance more than strategy.?

Dunno, havent started playing....

Assuming you are playing a "misson" game, not letting the other players guess what your objectives are is helpful. Keep gently making in-roads into or defending a continent that doesn't really interest you, without spending to many armies on it. Make it look like you are capturing territory just to stop someone else. Etc.

There is plenty of staregy involved, but the decisive move often comes when you get a set of three cards and use the extra armies well (so a bit of luck needed there).

Best advice would be to have a packed lunch with you, a flask of coffee and a bar of chocolate. It can go on for a while!! Great game tho :)

2 lines of advice:
-Caffeine
-North America

Get North America secured and you will be fairly safe with the 5 extra soldiers each turn... Next, try to get two opponents fighting either over Australia or over Africa... it will keep them busy long enough to get your men positioned to take Asia. Meanwhile, fighting in Africa should escalate into major battles in Europe. Once you have a strong army in Alaska/Kamchatka (at least twice that of all the men in Asia) start invading Asia SLOWLY. Don't let people feel like you're a major threat until its too late...

Michele

EDIT: Mission games are for children, world conquest or bust! (aka World Conquest FTW!)

Last edited:
used to play that 25yrs ago

Used to play that about 25 years ago when I was a child, caused so many arguments between my father, brother and I that we renamed it "Agro"

Nick

Blimey

I think the Urals were a good place to hold (no jokes!:p )

Last played (and usually played) as a drunk student in Liverpool to while away the time we should have been in lectures

better than monopoly

Playing it for my first time. Anyone have any hints that I can use....
:devil: :devil: If you start loosing then....... Up board!! :D Risk and Uckers

Regards
John

EDIT: Mission games are for children, world conquest of bust! (aka World Conquest FTW!)
True but world conquest can take days...

True but world conquest can take days...

Days... short games in your family I see :p

My "worst" was against a charming young lady with a character of steel... Took us almost three weeks of playing all afternoon and most of the night. I'll admit she did win that one, but I blame it on the subversive tactics!

Oh yeah, that brings me to another hint: don't play against pretty women. They have "mind control" techniques that are hard to combat (though I'm told ample booze works :p)

Michele

Days... short games in your family I see :p

My "worst" was against a charming young lady with a character of steel... Took us almost three weeks of playing all afternoon and most of the night. I'll admit she did win that one, but I blame it on the subversive tactics!

Oh yeah, that brings me to another hint: don't play against pretty women. They have "mind control" techniques that are hard to combat (though I'm told ample booze works :p)

Michele

Michele, you're Italian right?

You spend afternoons and evenings with a girl who by your own admission is pretty and the best thing you can think of to do is to play Risk? :confused:

You're surely letting your country down! :)

I usually go for Australasia first - but have moved on to this:

Which is Risk updated :D

Michele, you're Italian right?

You spend afternoons and evenings with a girl who by your own admission is pretty and the best thing you can think of to do is to play Risk? :confused:

You're surely letting your country down! :)

You'de be surprised what one can do while playing games :p

Risk, Monopoly (now banned) and Twister were favorites ;) There oh-so-many twists to Risk that you can play :devil:

Plus, traditions are traditions...
Michele

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom