Risk posed by driving in Ugg boots 'entirely foreseeable’

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

st13phil

Hardcore MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
His - Denim Blue A220 AMG Line Premium / Hers - Obsidian Black R172 SLK55
Four month ban for Dangerous Driving after woman loses control of car through Ugg boot getting stuck under brake pedal.

So, as well as being a style disaster, they're dangerous too :thumb:

On a more serious note, it's quite scary the lack of thought that (mainly) women give to how their footwear can affect their ability to control a car.

st13phil said:
Four month ban for Dangerous Driving after woman loses control of car through Ugg boot getting stuck under brake pedal.

So, as well as being a style disaster, they're dangerous too :thumb:

On a more serious note, it's quite scary the lack of thought that (mainly) women give to how their footwear can affect their ability to control a car.

I don't think it's mainly women, plenty of men wear very pointed shoes some UGG boots and in summer Flip Flops or (Thongs as the are known everywhere else in the world) just as dangerous as high heels.

Flip Flops or (Thongs as the are known everywhere else in the world) just as dangerous as high heels.

I once got my flip flop stuck under the side carpet in my 911 (964) Turbo 2 whilst enjoying a burst of WOT acceleration and couldn't back off momentarily...

Gave me a bit of a fright until I fathomed out how to release my foot!

I had to stop wearing a pair of chunky Timberland shoes for driving because they just didn't feel right - absolutely no sensitivity between feet and pedals.

I can wear whatever I like on my feet as I drive with hand controls.

(I'm a wheelchair user)

Having said that I do have to make sure my foot/feet are crossed so they aren't under the brake pedal!!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom