River thames gtg. Sat 17th Sept 05

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Of course :D . There the same they used last time, but now they got 3 of them. I've notived quite a few people start to speed up as they go past the second set only to be caught out by the 3rd set .

must admit I do chuckle sometimes when I see them all slow down "just" as they pass the scamaras

Last edited:
Got back from the trip to France and Spain yesterday. As i left at the crack of sparrows the morning after i haven't had chance to say what a great gtg it was at Bushey Park.

It was good to meet everyone and there cars. It was a shame i had to leave so early and miss the photo shoot, still the photo's that where taken where great many thanks. Thank you very much for all of the compliments re the C43 much appreciated. Great shot of the Big Oak Maff, great 55CL also, a wonderful selection of cars especially the grand entrance of the SClass, that Mint green C Class what a colour it suits the estate, Howard great car the wheels very cool and the chrome indicator surround. Stats Obsidion Black next to another one what a good colour that is. Grav i am sorry i did not hear the E55, the centre box off!!!. Will great looking CClass you don't see many in that colour. Once again it was very good seeing you all. I hope we can arrange another gtg soon.

The C43 did not miss a beat, we did over 3000 miles. I managed to reach 140 mph on the Peage A16 between Paris and Le Touque, the noise from the windscreen wiper was terrible so i slowed down, i thought it was going to blow off. Mambo did you get that noise?. I had the new maf put on before i left, the performance seemed to be the same.

B*gger, missed it. And to make matter worse I only live 5 minutes down the road.

That'll teach me to read the forums more thoroughly in future!

Glad you all had a good time anyway. :(

Wezzel said:
I only live 5 minutes down the road.

Not on a Saturday afternoon you don't! It took me 15 mins from the roundabout at Hampton Court bridge!

Yes definately ....

I remember it was quite cold that day ......

I drove there and back with the hood down, so it can't have been too bad!

People have told me i have early alzheimers.....

Perhaps they're right ...... :eek:

I was wearing shorts Howard - can't have been that bad surely? ;)

Will

anybody fancy an end of summer gtg by the seaside?

Bexhill is officially the home of British motor racing so you could all visit the big rock which shows where the official finish line was :)

The real brave ones amongst you could risk driving the dangerous course (also known as the seafront) or if that's too much for you then you can visit the museum celebrating the town's motor sport heritage (that'll be the room at the back of the pub with a few photos on the wall) or just take in the heady atmosphere :)

Seriously there's loads of free parking right on the seafront, a pub with an outdoor area right on the prom which serves decent food at a sensible price or a couple of places selling soft drinks and snacks

This time of year it's great as long as the weather's right because all of the tourists have gone home. Even if the weather is crap the pub is very much "car club friendly" so we could all keep dry and warm in there

Less than 2 hours (almost camera free drive) from London.

Visit Bexhill, a town with only one speed camera :)

Any takers?

Andy

Bexhill

I'd be up for that, I can visit me dear ol' Mum at the same time.:eek:

("Bexhill, a cemetary with lights." -- Spike Milligan):)

jeffwebb said:
I'd be up for that, I can visit me dear ol' Mum at the same time.:eek:

("Bexhill, a cemetary with lights." -- Spike Milligan):)

tee hee - well that's two of us :)

Spike's quote is wrong - they've turned the lights off :D

Andy

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom