Rivervale MB Servicing, Brighton. Any good?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Pitts Pilot

Car
SL63 AMG 6.3, VW Tiguan 2.0
I've got to book a 'B' Service in the next couple of weeks.

I have spoken to my local MB dealership and they want £815 inc VAT for an SL.

I spoke today with Rivervale Cars, in Portslade, Brighton; they want £455 for a B service; quite a difference!

More importantly, they are an 'Approved MB Servicing company', so MB warranty work is within their remit, and if you have an existing MB warranty, as I do, it would not be affected, like it would if you went to an Indie :mad:

However, has anyone used Rivervale?

Can you recommend them?

Cheers :)

I've got to book a 'B' Service in the next couple of weeks.

I have spoken to my local MB dealership and they want £815 inc VAT for an SL.

I spoke today with Rivervale Cars, in Portslade, Brighton; they want £455 for a B service; quite a difference!

More importantly, they are an 'Approved MB Servicing company', so MB warranty work is within their remit, and if you have an existing MB warranty, as I do, it would not be affected, like it would if you went to an Indie :mad:

However, has anyone used Rivervale?

Can you recommend them?

Cheers :)

As you are based in London, why not use Wayne Gates (Harrow) Your manufacturer warranty would not be affected and this Independent garage comes highly recommended.

We also have MSL and PCS -> Members Offers by Traders - MBClub UK - Bringing together Mercedes Enthusiasts MSL is based in Birmingham and PCS is based in Portsmouth.

Both MSL and PCS have special offers for MBClub forum members and are also highly recommended.

Last edited:
I know them and they've worked on my cars. They are an authorised Mercedes parts supplier and supply all my MB parts. They're on the same site as Mercedes of Brighton, next to Lexus and opposite Chandlers BMW

Nick Froome

I too use them for parts. Jason King is truly a parts marvel! I have not used the service department myself, except for a recall on my ml, which was handled very well indeed. More "old fashioned service" than the place next door IMHO.

If you want an Indie in the Brighton area Autovets 530-534 Falmer Road,Woodingdean, Brighton BN2 6ND 01273 309555 www.autovets.co.uk service my Merc. Excellent service, the owner used to be the Service Manager for MB Gatwick.

As you are based in London, why not use Wayne Gates (Harrow) Your manufacturer warranty would not be affected and this Independent garage comes highly recommended.

We also have MSL and PCS -> Members Offers by Traders - MBClub UK - Bringing together Mercedes Enthusiasts MSL is based in Birmingham and PCS is based in Portsmouth.

Both MSL and PCS have special offers for MBClub forum members and are also highly recommended.
Thanks for the advice :)

However, do you know whether MSL and PCS are "Mercedes Approved"?

I think that PCS, (who apparently are excellent) are not MB Approved, so there would be an issue if I needed to make a claim on my MB Tier 1 warranty (this is my main concern).

AFAIK it's only MB dealers and the few authorised repairers like Rivervale that can give you an MB stamp and keep the warranty live. Really you should be asking the warranty company for their definition of approved

Nick Froome

They supplied my 190E
On September 10th 1993 things have probably changed a little since then

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom