Rl129 Hood Not Working

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

madbonky

Car
R129 300SL, ML 320, C240, CLK 500 CAB, W203 ESTATE W126 500 SEL R129 320
Hello all,

I cannot seem to get my hood to come up on my 1992 300sl. The button on the centre console is lit up red and is making a gonging sound. The hood cover tries to come up but cannot seem to move more than a few mill then pops back down, the motors sound like they are doing something. The roll over bar works fine, the fuses in the boot are all fine also, any ideas?

Hope someone can help!

Jay

Hello all,

I cannot seem to get my hood to come up on my 1992 300sl. The button on the centre console is lit up red and is making a gonging sound. The hood cover tries to come up but cannot seem to move more than a few mill then pops back down, the motors sound like they are doing something. The roll over bar works fine, the fuses in the boot are all fine also, any ideas?

Hope someone can help! Jay

Try a re set on the windows,in key 2 holt the button up for 10 sec and do the same with the roll bar.

If this fails put it up manually and see what happens

Malcolm,

How do you put the hood up manually?

Jay

PS: I will try the ignition in postion 2 and holding the buttons tomorow.

Hello there guys,

cant find the hand book, does anyone know how to put up the hood manually? Also how to work out if the pump/motor is working or not or if it something else is at fault??

Jay

Sorry for the hold up.

In you tool kit there is a flat plate wrench with a hex key welded to it. You take the cover bungs off the two front locks and use the key to close,clockwise closes.

The rear locks are in the boot up under the rear locks and you insert the wrench onto those and do the same

Hi Malcolm,

I have already used that method to realise and remove the hardtop, the bit i am struggling with is actually getting the fabric hood to come up, unless there is a manual way of doing that?

Jay

This is user manual stuff, and I do not have that. From memory you just pull it up, its heavy until you are past the ½ way mark

Thanks Malcolm,

I will have a look around for the manual and let everyone know how i get on.

Jay

Have managed to manually put up the hood, spoke to a ocal indy and it could be a micro switch playing up, will need to plug in STAR, will give update once this happens.

Hello all,

Hood now working, just for your information in case you have a similar issue, the problem was linked to my speedo not working, the speedo has 2 sensors, one is with the abs sensor the other is on the gearbox, after checking the inputs on wiring plugs that connect to the cluster we worked out this was at fault. After clearing the fault codes, i think from memory, 28 and 30 which are speed signal ones the roof started working, the roof obviously needed the speed sensor signals to let it know the cars was not being driven at a certain speed for roof operation. Phew, at least it wasnt the roof motor. A more small job on the roof but at least it now works!

Jay

Hello all,

Hood now working, just for your information in case you have a similar issue, the problem was linked to my speedo not working, the speedo has 2 sensors, one is with the abs sensor the other is on the gearbox, after checking the inputs on wiring plugs that connect to the cluster we worked out this was at fault. After clearing the fault codes, i think from memory, 28 and 30 which are speed signal ones the roof started working, the roof obviously needed the speed sensor signals to let it know the cars was not being driven at a certain speed for roof operation. Phew, at least it wasnt the roof motor. A more small job on the roof but at least it now works!

Jay

What a good result there is a hall sensor in the speedo head that can give these problems.

So pleased:):):)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom