Road Angel: More feed back on after sales customer service.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
My post was a bit mean on info.

I tried charging mine having taken it straight out the car and the performance locking on afterwards was very fast. However, left overnight it was back to old tricks, to me this says the internal lithium cell is dying. Blackspot think the GPS engine is faulty. However, as the battery is in this component, replacing the engine solves both issues, so I won't compalin.

The exciting bit is, I have been told the engine is now on version 2 and is much more efficient over the version 1 engine I have. So after my fix, I shall have a current model Road Angel which the guy tells me will be much better.

I hope to call in tomorrow to have this done whilst I wait.

Visiting Blackspot this evening. Will report back later - apparently they have a new GPS engine for me - how exciting!

LOL, no, no Kompressor. But nearly as good.........

I made my way to the Blackspot "office" in Silverstone Village. Very nice too!

I met the guy I had been talking to and 10 minutes later he handed me back my same RA, re-serial numbered and with the latest firmware and a new later revision "GPS Engine", which he assures me should be much improved.

This is not official, but I picked up on that to see if you have the new firmware, press the Store and Delete buttons together, if it reads you your serial number, you have the new firmware.

I believe you need the new firmware to have the later GPS Engine, but I don't know if some RA's have the new firmware with the old engine. Anyway, fingers crossed I am sorted.

Any idea what other benefits it gives Graham?

GrahamC230K said:
...This is not official, but I picked up on that to see if you have the new firmware, press the Store and Delete buttons together, if it reads you your serial number, you have the new firmware.

I believe you need the new firmware to have the later GPS Engine, but I don't know if some RA's have the new firmware with the old engine. Anyway, fingers crossed I am sorted.
Seems I have a new GPS Engine and firmware, thanks for the info G.!!

S.

RichardM said:
Any idea what other benefits it gives Graham?
He said there was no other real end user functionaility to the firmware. The serial number read out was for them, as most people had stuck velcro over the lable on the bottom.

The GPS engine is just evolution of the product - apparently far more efficient, but doesn't actually do anything over and above the old one.

EDIT: Now much much better - get car out of garage, by the time I have got out to close the up and over door and got back in car it has locked onto GPS. Cool!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom