Road Angel new model - £199 upgrade?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

marc777

Banned
Car
E270 cdi Avantgarde; Wifes car Yellow VW Beetle (new shape)
Has anyone upgraded to the new model Road Angel and if so is it worth it.

The following supplier appears to offer a £200 trade in on the existing model, but that still leaves £199 to pay.

http://www.networxautomotive.com/roadangel04.html

The question is, is it worth it?

Marc

I was thinking about upgrading from my Classic RA to the new version mainly for the neater install with less wires but after reading some write ups of those that had made the jump (RichardM I think? :confused: ) and also reading that the government maybe thinking about banning laser detectors from general road use, I have decided that I will stick with my current classic RA as the new one probably isn't worth the cost that an upgrade would entail... at least for me it wouldn't be.

Also, if in the future the laws are changed with regards laser detectors at least I can unplug the detector ball from my set-up and carry on using the RA. I don't know what owners of newer units (e.g. RAII or later Snoopers) can do other than bin their integrated laser detector/GPS devices.

*EDIT* Electrical talk really belongs in the Electronics section, :)
moving...
S.

Good advice Steve - thanks

BTW - sometimes I think you are too quick to move threads - Just my opinion.

I think the speed camera thing is good General stuff otherwise - thats why I posted it there.

Marc

marc777 said:
Good advice Steve - thanks

BTW - sometimes I think you are too quick to move threads - Just my opinion.

I think the speed camera thing is good General stuff otherwise - thats why I posted it there.

Marc
No problem,

Thanks also for the feedback, we do appreciate it even when the feedback questions decisions or actions. In reply, a quick search on Road Angel or any of the speed camera detectors will show that the bulk of the specific related posts/threads are housed in the electronics section, hence my decision to move this particular thread. At the end of the day the decision to move a post is at the discretion of the moderators but we do try to be objective when moving posts, usually from the general section to the relevant technical section.

S.

I upgraded mine through networxautomotive Marc, and I've no regrets at all. I'm not sure it is really worth it though as it doesn't actually do any more than the old unit, it beeps at the same camera's!

The voice alerts are pretty crap, but the unit is much neater (with built in laser), the display is much clearer and the unit is alot louder. That was my main complaint with the old unit, it just wasn't loud enough to hear over the stereo. I only have the new one on 60% which is plenty loud enough. Having used it for a while it does make the old unit look pretty dated.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom