Road Angel

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Meldrew2

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
Mine: BMW X4 2.0d M-Sport (Red) Hers: BMW X1 2.0d M-Sport (Black) Sorry about that...
Has anyone any experience - good or bad - with the Road Angel Gem+ ?

NOT that I am looking to break the speed limit with impunity, but I find that I am travelling more and more on roads that I am less familiar with, and I would very much prefer to avoid coming foul of a ticket.

I believe the unit has a database of speed limits - if so, does anyone know how up-to-date is this?

Hi
Have had one for a number of years now and would not be without it.
Mine updates automatically and the gps positioning whilst not great shows the speed limit within about 100 yards.
I useand find the average speed monitor very useful and accurate in that I follow the average speed and have not received a ticket. usually means that you are travelling 1 - 2 mph faster than others using cruise control and their speedos.
Would recommend one and also their dashcams are very good too
Hope this helps
Jim

Hi
I find that the website is pretty accurate when it comes to their claims.
It's not over the top as with some sites.
If you decide to buy I'm sure that you will not be disappointed
Road Angel Gem+

Thank you all. I've bought it and have been fitting it this morning.

There's a little cubby just in front of my gear lever, with a cigar lighter socket directly alongside. I didn't really think that the unit would receive gps or mobile data in that location but it seems to work fine. It's hardly visible from outside - a plus point - and the wire is just tucked away behind.

While I was in Halfrauds, I took the opportunity to further reduce the money in my bank by buying a new dash cam. I've opted for a Nextbase 312GW - it's a lot easier to use than my old E-prance unit and with an app on my iPhone I can access recordings whenever I need to - no need to get to a PC with a SD card reader. It's a bulkier dashcam - but it hides nicely behind the rear view mirror.

image-3196652924.jpg

The cigar lighter socket is hidden behind gear lever. There's a double USB adapter in there - so one slot free for charging my phone.

Last edited:
image-4268915766.jpg

Power comes from the rear cigar lighter socket, via another double USB adapter and a long usb lead under carpet and behind trim.

Last edited:
I have had one for 6 years, I wouldn't be without one.........

I had the Road Angel Connected and it was brilliant. Picked up every camera I went past and so seemed to update in real time.

I was on 9 points at the time (yes I was young and stupid!) but as I did a lot of travelling it allowed me to keep my eye on the road and not at the speedo every time I entered an area with speed camera signs.

I know some will say keep to the limit but that's another debate done to death and I don't want to derail your thread.

Well worth the money imo

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom