Road Angel

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jimmy

MB Enthusiast
Car
Discovery 3 TDV6, Discovery 300TDi - Plaything!
Anybody interested in protecting their life and their licence with a Road Angel GPS, speed camera and accident blackspot detector?

Special deal available for MBClub UK members, contact me by Private Message or E-mail for more details.

Jimmy,
Just found the thread, I have messaged you about the kit anyway, I look forward to hearing from you.
Thanks.
CK500

is the road angel any good

hi
ive been thinking of buying a road angel since i sold my valentine one"got fed up with the false alarms",are they any good and do automatic doors set them off.do they pick up everything as the adverts have you believe
cheers all

No false alarms from traffic lights or automatic doors, the only false alarms mine has had is where there had been a camera for roadworks but had been removed when the roadworks finished.

mercmanuk said:
hi
ive been thinking of buying a road angel since i sold my valentine one"got fed up with the false alarms",are they any good and do automatic doors set them off.do they pick up everything as the adverts have you believe
cheers all
This automatic door thing happens with radar detectors - which the Road Angel is not - it only detects Laser. (as in the hand-held type, pointed at your car mainly). There is debate as to how effective the laser alert is, as if you are laser'd and the unit goes off, it is probably too late to slow down as you will have already been caught ! If the laser beam bounces off a vehicle in front of you though, it may give you chance to slow down before you are directly targetted.

Instead of using Radar to detect the Gatsos, it relies on a GPS database, comparing your position with that of the camera - so its a completely different type of device to a Radar Detector, and in my opinion having been using one for quite some time, much more effective.

In an ideal world I would have both though.

S.

I used to have a Snooper radar detector but gave up on it as it had so many false alarms, I now happily just use the Road Angel and only get false alarms at old camera sites.

My penny's worth, best investment I have made to my cars..........ever.:rock:

Speed Camera (Gatso Detector)

Please let me know of cost for supply and deliver this very valuable piece of equipment???

kennybhoy said:
Please let me know of cost for supply and deliver this very valuable piece of equipment???

Please could you send me a Private Message (PM), thanks.

A bit disloyal perhaps but I just traded my Valentine 1 (for £280) for an Origin B2 and a second car kit .

I prefer the neater and smaller design. Its fits nicely in the front ashtray of my C 203 & its out of sight when the ashtray is closed so would be thieves dont know its there. The gps antenna sits next to my comand one between the dash top & the instrument cluster. The laser alert sensor is also a lot smaller than the (IMHO) large ugly thing that comes with the Road Angel. I have it mounted nect to the rain sensor behind the RVM & it sbarely visible to the casual observer.

A laser diffuser can also be connected (LRC 100) into the B2 so only 1 display & power supply to worry about.

This is just my opinion of course - The Road Angel is very good - I just think its too bulky

Networx Automotive seem to do the best trade ins. Not sure if Jimmy does trade ins ?

networx

I second that !! - IMO the B2 has the best design in terms of installation and neatness.

It's also easier to remove when parking the car...

Emailed you Jimmy, you get it?Please can you provide more detials of cost?

Cheers
jig

** No Longer Involved **

Just to let you know that I am no longer involved with Blackspot products. I could get Snooper but after some bad experiences here I am a bit reluctant to. :confused:

The general view seems to be that Origin are far better than Road Angel.

Could a friendly MOD un-sticky this thread now please, well past it's best before date!

Done & Closed :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom