Road Angel

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Jukie

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
MY11 E350 CDi Avantgarde
Are there any nasties that RA doesn't detect?

Its not a radar detector - only laser (with the laser alert head) - so won't detect radar (from Gatsos) but assuming you keep the database up to date this should not be a problem, as GPS will inform you. The database is very good indeed.

Not sure about Red Light cameras either - some seem to be picked up on mine - others not . . . . but then you shouldn't be going through red lights anyway ;)

What were you thinking of in terms of other "nasties" ?

S.

lol @ Greg.

Yes - indeed. . . it won't help you with those . . although you can program your own locations into it too . . so if you always get overtaken by a loud noisy XR2 driver in the same place, then it can warn you !!

etc etc etc.

Originally posted by jukie1366
Are there any nasties that RA doesn't detect?

Only handheld RADAR guns, in a location not marked by the RA as a frequent mobile site. RADAR guns are phased out for the more accurate laser I believe and popular areas are marked by the RA anyway or you can add your own.

Other than that, it should get all other traps, although be aware of the accurancy of any device picking up a laser attack in advance (ie normally it's too late).

The ONLY thing you have to stay manually alert for as far as I am aware is the plod behind with VASCAR as nothing can detect that apart from your Rear View Mirror.

My advice, is on the Motorway, beware of anyone following at an unlikely long distance behind you at and uncanilly similar speed!

Good luck!

Re: Re: Road Angel

Originally posted by GrahamC230K
My advice, is on the Motorway, beware of anyone following at an unlikely long distance behind you at and uncanilly similar speed!

:( I learnt that the hard way!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom