Road Closures How does anyone get anywhere?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

tjamesbo

Car
CLK430 ,Vito V6 sport ,Jaguar 2.5 X type ,W124's 1993 220TE , 1994 320TE ,Mastercraft X5
As I have a Waterski Boat at Leicester I have been travelling between there and either Sutton Coldfield ( Home ) or Tamworth ( work ) No matter when I go or Return I have been Thwarted:wallbash: by Road Closures and am rapidly getting the impression that a high proportion of Roads are currently closed causing intense frustration mayhem and in many cases adding 30mins to what is normally a 1Hr Journey
First the A511:wallbash: necessitating a Detour up to loughborough then Down The M1
Next I am returning and am 5mins up the road from work and The B5493 is closed:wallbash: sending me through Polesworth adding 25 mins on a morning run
Next I try coming back on the M69 and J21 is closed :wallbash: so I get sent down nearly to Rugby and the diversion wants to send me back up the other side This time the Satnav says no a cut to the M6 is quicker so I do, on the way Back I pass signs saying
A14 Closed
A42 Closed
and finally M6 closed luckily for me I go via the Toll Road
Next I come back Tonight and knowing the J21 is still closed I come back via the M42 only to discover its closed :wallbash:and I am sent through Measham eventually joining it again where I get to travel to Junction 10 where it is closed again :wallbash:luckily I can come off at the A5 so I avoid that one However on the way I see signs saying A5 closed after M69
After these experiences I am wondering how anyone manages to get anywhere and how much of Britain is closed
Clarkson and co navigating acrossAfrica and the middle east is now not looking too difficult compared to navigating around the Midlands late evening:wallbash:
Its so frustrating and its not doing my MPG any good as the 320 is getting a heavy Boot as i attempt to make up the journey times
Is it the same everywhere else?

Don't forget the tunnels on the A38 thriough Birmingham are all closed until the schools go back.

The A45 is also closed near Birmingham airport

The A34 through Shirley from J4 of the M42 to Brum City Centre is a crock due to the building of a new shopping centre.

It's worse in central London.

Closed for London Marathon in April.

Closed for Triahthlon in July.

Closed for Prudential Ride London in August.

And lots of road closures in between to for cranes, underpass maintenance/upgrades etc.

It's worse in central London.

Closed for London Marathon in April.

Closed for Triahthlon in July.

Closed for Prudential Ride London in August.

And lots of road closures in between to for cranes, underpass maintenance/upgrades etc.

I welcome you to glorious Milton Keynes. Never a closure and 70 mph.

Even more fun with roundabouts.

Is it the same everywhere else?

I think "they" should do "something" about the road closures.

Travelling around for work it's almost a lottery - I have no idea if a journey will take 3 hours or 5 hours. Makes it very tough to plan things efficiently.

Try the Sheffield area. After years of cattle track quality roads we now are suffering trench warfare to prepare a good impression for the Tour de France which appears to be coming here next year? Sat Nav problem?

Try the Sheffield area. After years of cattle track quality roads we now are suffering trench warfare to prepare a good impression for the Tour de France which appears to be coming here next year? Sat Nav problem?

Funny how money can be found to resurface roads to accommodate a cycle race. And as cyclists dont pay RFL should they be sent the bill for the resurfacing.

Yep its a mastercraft X5 what is yours Darrell? 200Hp is respectable in a boat
Boyd

Yep its a mastercraft X5 what is yours Darrell? 200Hp is respectable in a boat
Boyd

It's an old 19 foot Fletcher. We had our 7 year old skiing for the first time last week. She was very good and can't wait for the next lesson.

Sadly we don't get much time to use it during the summer due to working.

Yep its a mastercraft X5
Boyd

Nice.
Last boat I had was Sims 16' with 115hp. Boat got nicked, insurance paid up, swmbo needed a new car:(

Always promised myself a replacement but sadly hasn't happened yet.

Funny how money can be found to resurface roads to accommodate a cycle race. And as cyclists dont pay RFL should they be sent the bill for the resurfacing.

Nobody pays RFL - there's no such thing. It's been VED for well over a decade now, and is based on emissions, so why on earth would cyclists have to pay it?!

Besides, the types of roads used by cyclists are maintained by local authorities, and the costs are covered by Council Tax - which is as likely to have been paid by cyclists as it is by motorists.

Originally Posted by Darrell View Post
It's an old 19 foot Fletcher.
With 200hp

My 16' with 115hp was over engined (rated at 90hp)
It fairly flew - I bet 200hp is lively

I started with an inflatable Bombard ( V Hull) and a 25HP 2nd Hand Suzuki outboard The Boat was about £1200 and the engine £200 from a mate .
Probably the most fun Boat I ever had , it was llike the difference between A car and a Go-Kart . It went like Stink ( no weight and minimal drag on the plane )
Very Cheap and it all went IN the boot of the E class Estate ( 124 )
My kids learned to Waterski & Wakeboard behind it on Lake Annecy ( minimal wake tho ) but what fun and memories zipping around the lake for coffees / swimming and waterskiing The stuff Family Holidays and Good memories are made of But as humans we are progressive in our wants and it went in 2006 to be replaced by a 1991 Ski Nautique 2001 we had 5 years of Fun from the Bombardier and I only lost about £200 when I sold it all to pay for the Nautique I replaced the Nautique with the mastercraft last year they are both good Boats but they are tournament type ski boats they do the Job but not as much fun as that Bombard was
Boyd

Last edited:
There are plenty of Mastercrafts and Ski Nautiques here.

The nearest beach and ski school is a 2 minute walk and they have 2 Ski Nautiques. Both quite new and wonderful to ski behind.

I have been looking at Mastercrafts on e-bay. :D

Any good for windsurfing there?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom