Road Rage?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
It's easily done, I cleaned the RRS earlier and found two Lycra-clad cyclists squashed under the wheel arch.

'.....we feel the investigating police officer made every effort to ensure that the occupants of the car were found and brought before the courts," the force said in a statement.'

Odd story.

Seems that this is considered a minor offence.

If the two 'suspects' were suspected of links to ISIS, no doubt their whereabout on the said day would have been established sharpish via mobile phone records, ATM records, CCTV etc...

And there was just one DC assigned to this case...

Probably the police do not consider this offence serious enough to justify use of the resources that are needed in order to obtain the required evidence.

How odd.

Last edited:
Mark I posted this as I too found it very odd. Had this chap been killed would this be the response? It also mirrors my experience in Kent (posted on this forum) where I had to go to the Commissioner to get action. Sent from my iPhone using MBClub UK

I think that 99% of crimes can be solved if the correct resource are applied (e.g. the Hatton Garden robbery, which was sovled in part due to the Flying Squad taking it personally...).

The difficulty is that collecting the CCTV footage from all secuirty camera in corner shops, petrol stations, secure buildings, council cameras, etc, then spending hours viewing it, is both labour intensive and time consuming. And obtaining mobile phone and Internet records requires utilisation of special provisions etc.

Understandably the police can not be expected to apply their full might all to every minor offence, and they rightly prioritise the use of the (some would say scarce) resources they have available to them.

One does wonder however if this case was prioritised correctly?

I can't help wondering what the cyclist did to trigger the incident. (Before anybody opens fire, I'm not suggesting that he did anything wrong at all, but unless the driver is in the habit of running down cyclists just for the hell of it, unless temporarily taken ill he/she must have had, or thought he/she had, some reason to do it.

I can't help wondering what the cyclist did to trigger the incident. (Before anybody opens fire, I'm not suggesting that he did anything wrong at all, but unless the driver is in the habit of running down cyclists just for the hell of it, unless temporarily taken ill he/she must have had, or thought he/she had, some reason to do it.

All cyclists are road hogging non tax paying wind up merchants.

I don't rev my engine much but when I do I change down some cogs and do it next to a cyclist :rock:

All cyclists are road hogging non tax paying wind up merchants.

I don't rev my engine much but when I do I change down some cogs and do it next to a cyclist :rock:

So...all cyclists do not have jobs nor cars? You don't half talk some...

Possibly. But equally the driver may have accelerated inadvertently as result of being distracted by his/her smartphone, satnav, or just tuning the radio.... or lighting-up, or having an argument with a passenger, or just being high on drugs that way. You never know...

The majority of cyclists on the road also have cars, the tax argument is bull. It's vehicle excise duty anyway, not road tax. (I know your comment is in jest, Stuart).

I saw this report yesterday and the outcome could have been much worse. Someone we know (21 years old) was knocked of his road racing bike last week. He was a very keen and up coming club road racer and tipped for greater things. He died at the scene.

Sorry to bring a level of sobriety to the forum but..... I do agree that some cyclist do seem to have a death wish in the way they go about things.
Mark

''The officer traced a man and a woman who were eligible to drive the car, so could have been driving on that day. The man and woman were issued with a formal request to provide the driver's details, but did not respond''

But only the man was prosecuted. Perhaps if they had prosecuted the woman the prospect of six points for whoever wasn't driving may have elicited more evidence.

Unless the Ovlov driver is some sort of sociopath, I very much doubt that this incident 'just happened' there will have been an earlier incident, I'm sure of it.

I saw this report yesterday and the outcome could have been much worse. Someone we know (21 years old) was knocked of his road racing bike last week. He was a very keen and up coming club road racer and tipped for greater things. He died at the scene....

Had the outcome been much worse... the police would have apprehended and charged the suspected driver. And they would have put their mind to it and produce proper evidence.

It seems they just did not deem it to be a serious enough offence to justify a thorough investigation.

Was a deal struck in exchange for "information received" ? Fraud warning over sub-let vehicles

In light of this article... I would expect the pair were hardened criminals or professional fraudsters, who just kept quiet and replied 'no comment' to all questions put to them, in the knowledge that ultimately police can do bugger-all if they are unable to prove who the driver was, and thus hampering the police usual tactics of getting people to 'open-up' in interview and provide evidence that can be used against themselves. Clearly DC Plod who was investigating this case was no match to them.

Unless the Ovlov driver is some sort of sociopath, I very much doubt that this incident 'just happened' there will have been an earlier incident, I'm sure of it.

If there had been, then it would have been on the cyclist's memory card. Before anyone says, "Doctoring evidence" a) that would be perverting the course of justice and people have been done for doing exactly that, and b) when you delete a memory card or even when you reformat it, you aren't really deleting it. You are masking what is there so devices can't see it. There is software around that can recover this.

b) when you delete a memory card or even when you reformat it, you aren't really deleting it. You are masking what is there so devices can't see it. There is software around that can recover this.

Unless you overwrite those parts where the data was stored.

Best to copy a large file to it!

I drive a Volvo, are you not meant to drive them like that?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom