Road Safety Cameras, My A***!!!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

vito113

Car
One that's too slow…
I see Hampshire Police now call their GATSOs, (well Truvelos actualy) Road Saftey Cameras, yeah right!. They do F*** All for road safety. Today a muppet in a white van blundered out of side road in front of me and proceeded to weave down the road at about 20mph, guy was obviously pissed as a fart. And as he went through the GATSO on London Road, Portsmouth, guess what happened? That's right- nothing!!! So what's all this PR crap about road safety? Speed kills! they chant. Yeah so do drunk drivers who now seem to have sod all chance of being pulled these days! So Hampshire Police, lets all clear up one point, speed cameras are about making money, as Somerset Constabulary mentioned by accident in their report, they had a section on the 'predicted revenue model' oops!

Well that's my rant for the week!

Last edited:
Odd that there should have been a report on the radio news that the DD message isn't getting through and more drivers are chancing it again!

I need to invent camera that can detect if your pissed. I'll make millions. :)

Derby's also getting swamped with these new Truvela style cameras. I wouldn't have a problem with these cameras if they didn't put them in such 'profitable' places. The new one near me is located just as you enter a 30mph, industrial units one side of the road and fields on the other. Yet not far up the road the Spondon residents have been trying to get a pedestrian crossing put in on the main (very busy) Dale Road for years now. It's always been said that there’s not enough accidents to warrant having one, yet guess where the next two Truvela cameras are going?

Truvelo Cameras

I would have no problem with Gatsos outside schools, hospitals etc, but here in Portsmouth they've placed one on the beginning of a motorway (M275), 40mph dual carriage way, then sign says Motorway begins complete with camera!!!! Its making a fortune 'cos naturally enough as soon as people see the motorway sign they speed up! and hey presto! £60 and 3 points.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom