Road Tax Cost?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
There is already a tax on electric cars, the only people who are not paying it is the people who buy them. The government call it a grant , I call it someone else's tax pound.

That's the post of the day for me.

All of the various green subsidies for wind turbines, solar panels and EV's benefit mostly relatively rich people.

Both my 08 cars are £265pa, one a C220Cdi, the other a 3L V6 petrol. Years ago looked at moving to Ireland where BIL wanted to sell his B&B in Kilkenny, RF and insurance on C270Cdi and 968 3L were part of what put us off - as well as private health insurance of about £1800pa each!

In 10 yrs or so it will probably not be worth owning a car and we will just Pay As We Drive just like the electric cycles you see in Cities. Will be tiny electric cars plugged in everywhere to hire.

important to remember that our European friends pay waaaaaaaaaaaay more each year and used cars cost way more on continent. Even top band £565 is nothing compared to many European countries.
I think it’s the Netherlands or perhaps one of the Nordics where the equivalent of road tax runs to thousands per annum on anything other than a very frugal vehicle.
I just ran my car through the Netherlands road tax calculator, and it came out at just under €500. Per quarter! And if it was a diesel, it would be doubled to €1000 each quarter. Ouch! The tax is charged by gross vehicle weight rather than CO2, so SUVs must be even worse. A FFRR TDV8 must run to many thousands.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom