Road Tax.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Oh I was under the impression blue efficiency models were all diesel :doh:

£180 per year for my 2012 C350 Sport Blue Efficiency Saloon PETROL. 3.5 litre V6 producing 306bhp but only chucking out 164g/km CO2. Darn clever these new fangled engines!

A new LR Defender back then had £1000 first year VED- probably lowest bhp car @120bhp with highest tax (£8.33 per bhp)
A Daihatsu Terios auto is £270 and costs @£3.21 per bhp/£ -probably highest of any used car
Rover 75 autos after 2001 all have same rate of £295 - whether it is 1.8 or 4.6V8!

£210 for C180K, as per the OP.

It's Tax - it's always steep.....

2009 C180K blue efficiency £210 for the year, seems a bit steep, what's everybody else pay and do you think yours is steep compared to others cars?

That doesn't sound right as it's 2 groups higher than my 2009 C180K BE.

Manual cars like mine are group F at £145

Auto or even just wider tyres are enough to push it up to Group G at £185

I don't understand how yours can be group H at £205 unless they have confused it with the earlier non BE 1.8 C180K which was group H

£0-a bit steep I think:D

Smart €199
W124 coupe (2.2) €951
SL500 €1809
CL500 €1809

Stop complaining the lot of ye!

Time they binned VED and put it on the fuel.

Easier to collect, no enforcement issues and those that drive high miles pay the proportional level tax.

Easier to collect, no enforcement issues and those that drive high miles pay the proportional level tax.

Far too sensible, so it'll never happen ...

The VED rates for HGV are not significantly higher than those of private vehicles, yet HGVS travel many times the annual mileage of private vehicles. The same goes for busses, coaches, and taxis. This will increase considerably the cost of transporting good and people, to the extend that it may lead to overall price increases to consumers.

In addition it will hit rural communities much harder than city dwellers - the RR Sport driver living in Chelsea will pay far less than the LR Defender driver living in rural Kent.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom