Roads and emission levels

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
It’s no great surprise if you think about it. Energy compressing the tyres and springs isn’t all returned kinetically as some disappears as heat in the tyres and dampers. And that’s before you look at other causes of increased energy requirements to drive over poorly maintained roads.

And speed humps creating stop + go conditions. Anyone factored in the environmental costs associated with manufacturing new components to replace those damaged by potholes?

No digging up of speed humps just shows it's got nothing to do with health .

Nothing as unhealthy as being dead.

Well today (sunday afternoon) i as well as half a dozen other folks were sitting in our cars waiting for our other halves coming back from shopping completely out of the way not causing an obstruction engines off and along comes a traffic warden and tell me i have to move, i said “will i just keep circling the block” and the response i got was “yea thats fine” so i says back “and increase air pollution in the area” warden just walked off so now here is 7 of us driving round and round the block, i think thats just mental!

I hadn't thought of road surface before but it all adds up: pot holes, speed humps, unnecessary road works traffic lights that are set up days before the work starts, they all work to increase emissions and nobody cares. Problem is we are not a practical common sense society. What we are is a superficially conformist society that follows rules and procedures in a blinkered fashion. Common sense and thinking outside the box just doesn't happen.

Well maintained roads would also boost the economy by motorists not having to pay out for repairs and time off work leaving more money to spend. Save councils paying compensation so more money towards public services, less emissions food for environment. Win win... unfortunately not with the current state of our roads.

It's surprising what can effect efficency , even having stiffer springs does as less side to side lean .

Think about a runner crossings their arms in front rather than a 'robotic' straight in front .

Nothing as unhealthy as being dead.
Nope. Death is uniquely healthy. Being dead is the absence of anything. No health, wealth, sickness, pain, fast cars, slow lovers. Like Zero is not a number, it's the absence of a number.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom