Roadtrip to the South Of France in a 800bhp Ferrari 812 Superfast.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
So a good friend of mine has taken delivery of an 812 and a Tributo. I shall report back my findings when I see him ........

I like the 812 GTS. I was rather taken by 575 Superamerica when I spotted one parked outside Argos when it was almost mew, and the GTS seems to be Ferrari’s latest interpretation of the front-mid-engined V23 convertible.

You can comfortably cruise at 55-70mph with the bikes on the roof. It's noisy, and noticeably slower / aerodynamically inefficient.

So, it's a bit slower, and there's always that risk of theft when you park up, especially at service areas and hotels.

I'm reliably informed that one can go faster with bikes inside.

I sit on the French autoroutes at 85 all day long. I've heard of people late for their Eurotunnel slot going a lot faster than that.

The Thule ones I have seem very secure with ratchet-like straps holding each wheel and the diagonal bar gripping the down tube firmly.

Once your brain tunes out the extra wind noise and you get used to using slightly more throttle for any given speed it's easy to forget they're there.

If anyone does want to cycle Ventoux with a Ferrari, then a Seasucker is your answer.

Ebrf09fX0AAF-3D

The SL or CL are better choices to take two people 800 miles in a day and a half. You'd get out at the other end as fit as a flea.

Must admit after three, three thousand mile European trips in the CL. It is the perfect Grand Tourer, my beloved can take a least one kitchen sink in great comfort and with Acid waving his magic wand quite quickly as well :) :thumb:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom